hf1

Also red thighs..

My avatar
bubbaloo
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Also red thighs..

Postby bubbaloo » Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:16 am

I have just read the last post about night notions and I may have same prob, not sure:

Wearing bamboo night notions with velour inner... Have stripped the nappy.

Hourglass shaped Fleece liner and barrier cream.

He has large red patch under where the elastic goes and above on thighs... Not where the elastic goes...thats clear.
So this cant be sensitivity to elastic?

Is this chafing?

ALSO, red under his sac... again! Im desperate to wear night nappies!

Please help. Could it be I need fleece covering the whole nappy? Stuffed too much? Toxic wee?
Still very red today. IS his skin burnt? :cry:

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: Also red thighs..

Postby Velvetsteph » Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:23 am

What do you use as a wrap? If you're not using wool over the top it could well be buildup in the elastic cuffs of the wrap...
Yes it could also be toxic wee if he is teething at all...

I would definately try fleece covering the whole nappy - but also put something like Shea butter on the red patches especially at night as a healing barrier...

Hard to say if the skin is 'burnt' but I know the look you mean... I think wet nappies (esp night ones) can chafe a lot on the legs if there's no fleece there as a barrier...

My avatar
bubbaloo
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby bubbaloo » Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:13 am

Thanks VelvetSteph!

I always use wool wraps- he was in longies when this happened.

I use shea butter every chnage as a barrier cream and all over at night each night- fab stuff!

Why do night nappies come with an option not to have fleece- what do other people do?
I didint order fleece as I found he was getting hot in fleece nappies but now he is fine and I wish i ordered fleece, im now going crazy for all fleece lined nappies!!!

What can I do? Cut a huge patch of fleece to cover the entire nappy? Will that work?
What if I let it poke out of the legs, does it wick?

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:39 am

Most of my night nappies are fleece lined :? All my night notions are fleece lined - I guess they come with the option of no fleece for those that are allergic to it - or just don't like it, I know Ali didn't use fleece lined nappies...

Yep I'd cut a HUGE square of fleece to totally cover the nappy and definately have it poking out the leg holes, that should stop any rubbing - fleece isn't absorbent so shouldn't wick...

Altho' word of warning I found using shea butter over the whole nappy area at night when using fleece meant it clogged the fleece and leaked :?

Oh it can be a complicated business when they've got sensitive skin!! :roll:

Return to Nappy Rash