hf1

Rash on inner thigh AGAIN!

My avatar
masheater
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Rash on inner thigh AGAIN!

Postby masheater » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:59 pm

I don't know what triggers this but usually a few days with nappy free time and no terries works. This time it hasn't. It's like a chafing and even pullup pants (bright boys) anger it.
I think the big night nappy might have started it off (booster bedbug).
He is going through a super wet phase again where his night nappy is wet through sometimes less than an hour after putting it on.
I'm not really sure what to do tonight. Do I wake him and change his nappy in the middle of the night?
I do use barrier cream and moisturising and keep him nappy free for as much of the afternoon as I can.

My avatar
masheater
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Re: Rash on inner thigh AGAIN!

Postby masheater » Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:33 pm

I've been sitting here thinking. Maybe I should put him to bed with no nappy and put some terries under his sheet. Would that be really weird?

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:37 pm

Not weird - might work well!!

My avatar
jclmellor
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby jclmellor » Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:02 pm

wss
and maybe use a matress protector. i think we're going to do this when DD's legs are also chaffed (we have the same problem as you) x

My avatar
masheater
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby masheater » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:26 pm

Well I've done it. Three cot sheets with layers of terry / towel in between. The mattress has a padded cover and waterproofing under too. Then put a fleece blanket over the top sort of like a nappy liner LOL.
I feel weird about this but will let you know outcome in the morning!

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:47 pm

FC it goes well!!

My avatar
masheater
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby masheater » Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:07 am

Hm. Well. Dry as a bone all night! Who'd have thought when some nights he has got through three bedbugs or equivalent!
Which means I may do the same tonight just for the hell of it.
Thigh looking a bit better. Will go nappy free as much as poss today and see if that does it. I don't really understand why he doesn't get this soreness all the time just once every few months.....

My avatar
e586
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby e586 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:34 am

glad it went well! could teething be a factor? More acidic wee + rubbing nappies makes the rash? Could explain the every few months thing? We only get this when he's in a nappy with PUL for too long, so nights have been ok as we use wool.

Return to Nappy Rash