hf1

Nasty nasty bum rash! :(

My avatar
slumberlion
Clothie
Clothie

Re: Nasty nasty bum rash! :(

Postby slumberlion » Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:47 am

Thankyou so much ladies, you've all been such a help! Her bum rash had gone, just the 2 open sores left to heal...they werent open anymore, just a bit red iykwim!

However, yesterday I ran out of gse. So I changed her bum and gave her a wipe with just water, put on the usual aloe vera gel and then some vit e oil, and coincidently put on an mommys touch pocket (microfibre insert) as Im running out of fitteds. I had been sneaking her back into some pockets as I only have about a day and a half worth of fitteds, but they were blueberries and some wonderoos with hemp inserts, and it hadnt made the rash any worse. BUT, when I came to change her out of her MT ready for bath and bed, she was all red :( I dont know whether it was the MT, or the microfibre insert, or whether its because I did a change without gse? She was okay in the morning, but she did have a silver liner in her nappy over night. This morning I put her in her blueberry and went to change her just now, and the spotty rash is back! :shock: I'm so annoyed, her poor little bum! I've been really strict about the washing regime, rinsing loads so I dont think its a build up. Am I always going to have to use gse at change time do you think?? :?

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:58 am

Might be that she is allergic to the fleece :? - could you try your silver liners or try soft paper liners in your pockets see if that helps?

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:09 pm

I would just stick with what you know works for now until it is 100% heals, then start trying pockets again.

Previous

Return to Nappy Rash