My avatar
Juli
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Re: Nappy rash help.

Postby Juli » Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:15 pm

lazylexis wrote:Some info on moist wound healing for u
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/releases/156938.php

Thank you, that was interesting. I just wonder whether this is always applicable to nappy rash, as that is often caused by the constantly moist environment (in combination with the pH of wee/poo). And if you cover the skin with a liner soaked in camomile tea for example, it won't stay just camomile tea for very long, if you know what I mean. If you could somehow stop it from mixing with urine, then I'm sure it would work very well. But as it is, it seems to me the best way to help skin heal that's sore from being in contact with wee/poo is to try and not let the wee/poo get in contact with it again (I know - easier said than done). What do you think?

It took me a long time to try the cornflour after someone suggested it to me, because it seemed too easy to actually work. But once I had tried it I never used anything else :)

But like with most things it's trial and error, isn't it? What works really well for some babies doesn't work at all for others :roll:

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:24 pm

Yes trying to keep wee/poo off the skin does help which is why barrier creams like metanium help.I would imagine having a luner wet with chamomile tea would also change the pH of wee etc in contact with skin which may be one reason that helps.

My avatar
Juli
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Juli » Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:40 pm

lazylexis wrote:Yes trying to keep wee/poo off the skin does help which is why barrier creams like metanium help.I would imagine having a luner wet with chamomile tea would also change the pH of wee etc in contact with skin which may be one reason that helps.

Yes, and I suppose if it sticks well to the skin that would stop poo from coming in direct contact with the skin s well. In our case that seemed to be the main culprit. (My daughter's bottom was raw and bleeding a few days after birth just from coming in contact with poo all the time. The less often she pooed, the less of a problem it became.)

Anyway, I hope all the little bottoms heal quickly :hug:

Previous

Return to Nappy Rash