Yummy courgetti and chicken dinner!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Yummy courgetti and chicken dinner!

Postby clothmama » Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:42 pm

This is what I made from my first 2 courgettes from the garden! So quick and easy - lardons, shallots and garlic - fry them up then move aside and cook the chicken then mix in the courgetti, cover and allow to cook for a few minutes until al dente. I then squeezed some lime juice over and served with freshly grated parmesan and black pepper :love: We had it again last night without the chicken and it was still yummy!

My avatar
LynniferT
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Yummy courgetti and chicken dinner!

Postby LynniferT » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:38 am

Looks yum!!! Dh is on a bit of a health kick and avoiding pasta, will suggest spiralising (sp?) veg :)

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:19 am

LynniferT wrote:Looks yum!!! Dh is on a bit of a health kick and avoiding pasta, will suggest spiralising (sp?) veg :)

@LynniferT it is really nice - even DH who is not a fan of courgette per se really likes it :D

My avatar
LynniferT
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby LynniferT » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:10 am

They have started doing 'boodles' in sainsburys which are butternut squash noodles. Was tempted to get some to try and then start doing our own (dh works for fruit and veg comp so get veg either cheap or free)

Do you get your recipes from anywhere in particular or make it up as you go?

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:37 am

LynniferT wrote:Was tempted to get some to try and then start doing our own (dh works for fruit and veg comp so get veg either cheap or free)

Yum, I haven't tried them yet as you only get food in season here so have to wait for the autunm when hopefully I'll have vines full of the for this exact reason! How cool that you get your veg from you DHs work :twisted:

LynniferT wrote:Do you get your recipes from anywhere in particular or make it up as you go?

That one I made up but I often see them when I'm looking for low carb recipes so I'll post when I spot yummy ones or make up my own @LynniferT

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:55 pm

Yum!!
I quite fancy that and I be for loads of courgettes coming.
Did you end up buying a special machine to spiral them?

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:38 pm

Yep they had one on sale for 12 euros which is a bargain, it is the same one that I've seen all over with different branding on it - the white one with 3 blades that apparently all come out of the same factory! @confusinglady - it makes it soooo much easier!

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:04 pm

Ooo will have to have a look. We had our first baby yellow courgette in our sweet and sour tonight :widesmile:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:12 pm

I did another version last night with just garlic and olive oil and marinara mix seafood in it - yuuuuumy :drool:

Return to Healthy Eating