hf1

Cloth wipes and nursery?

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Cloth wipes and nursery?

Postby megansmummy » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:57 pm

Does anyone send them? am wondering wether i should just send disp wipes or send the cloth ones that we use at home? How do you manage them? how many do you send? how?

Kieren gets really sore if his bum isnt dried after using cloth wipes...i havent used a disp wipe in months and months so am used to it but im wondering if its easier to use disp ones for him at nursery?

My avatar
beffys
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: Cloth wipes and nursery?

Postby beffys » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:12 pm

We use cloth wipes at nursery. Just in a WNs wipes bag with a squirty northern essence soap. I don't mind the odd disposable wipe being used, but the nursery is good and just uses the cloth wipes in her bag. Everything gets washed the night we get home of the following day and the stash of pockets is big enough where I probably have about 2-3 days worth anyway. Tbh it's easier for us for nursery just to use what I put in her bag.

My avatar
girlinleeds
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru

Postby girlinleeds » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:02 pm

pippa's nursey use her cloth wipes (they'd never heard of them before), i just bought a fleece blanket and cut it up to give us more, i send far more than they'll need i think i send about 30 and they don't even use half of them. Just easier for them to put everything straight in her wet bag
xxx

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:59 pm

Some of the staff at our nursery have enough problems getting their heads around a bumgenius so I'm not going to befuddle and confuse them further at present with cloth wipes :roll: :giggle:

In theory if you tell them to dry him after using cloth wipes then they have to do it... If they've never used them before they should be following your instructions anyway...

They're not rocket science (but neither is a BG!!)

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:24 pm

I send cloth wipes, I just pop a handful in a drawstring wash bag with a squirty bottle of foaming wash, the girls at nursery told me they actually like using them because they love the smell of the solution!

They just pop the wipes in the wetbag with the nappies for me to wash at home

Jan x

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby beck » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:33 pm

Wipes are supplied so I didn't worry about it. I'd be to worried they'd get thrown out :roll:

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:20 am

Luckily the girls in the baby unit at our new nursery are pretty used to cloth so im not to worried about that...and I will be just accross the hallf if they get stuck :oops: :giggle: I have one little wipe wet bag so maybe i should just bite the bullet and send them in...i would prefer to just get a bag of wahsing home and chuck it in the machine...rather than worry that disp wipes have got mixed up in there :roll:

My avatar
chipmonkey
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby chipmonkey » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:19 pm

megansmummy, if I ever use dispy wipes, I wash them too! :oops: They usually stay whole and you can get a couple more turns out of them. My nursery is a bit like Stephs, so I don't even go there with cloth wipes!

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:27 pm

I mentioned cloth wipes to ours and they said "We'll use whatever you use at home". I normally just wet mine under the tap if I'm at home and only use the spray when I'm out. I'll maybe tell them to just do which ever is easiest.
Hmmm, wonder if I'll need a new wet bag... :giggle:

Next

Return to Washable Wipes