hf1

Wean me off disposable wipes!

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Wean me off disposable wipes!

Postby Kirstyh » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:44 am

I just used to use a travel size spray bottle or water from the tap.
Run a Johnstons wipe over your face and feel the nip, that will put you off for life :wink:

My avatar
clothpixie
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby clothpixie » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:56 am

Kirstyh wrote:I just used to use a travel size spray bottle or water from the tap.
Run a Johnstons wipe over your face and feel the nip, that will put you off for life :wink:

WSS - I did this with a johnstons wipe and my face was red and blotchy all day! Wouldn't use them on Mikey again!

My avatar
mama2boyz
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby mama2boyz » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:13 am

Hmmm....my wipes are just old flannel sheets cut up....I wonder if terry towelling would be better?

FWIW, my DS objects strongly to cold wipes (commercial or other)!

When E was born we used straight olive oil and he (and she) preferred it to water as it wasn't so cold

My avatar
Rebekahs_mum
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Rebekahs_mum » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:23 am

Kirstyh wrote:I just used to use a travel size spray bottle or water from the tap.

Same with p@mpers too :wink: Rebekah checks what I'm using before I wipe her face now because she complains they sting. Grace always cries if I wipe her bum with them too.

If you want your wipes to be warm then put them in a tupperware , pour some water/wipes solution over them & leave the box on the radiator :wink:

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:31 am

Years ago I used a pampers wipe & a johnsons wipe on my face - never again, I thought my face was on fire! Stung for ages too.

I've used cold water from birth to potty but you could always just use warm water from the tap :lookround:

My avatar
usinukveg
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby usinukveg » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:32 am

I just squirt his bum with a spray bottle filled with tap water and dab dry; he hasn't had red creases since i started doing this. You could always store your squirt bottle near to the radiator at home in the winter or on the window sill during the summer to have warm water.

love the tip about sicking the wipe in the cleavage...now where can i get some of that cleavage????? :hohoho:

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby ladybird » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:23 pm

Am I the only person who worries about storing things damp, or keeping water/solution for too long? I'd much rather use fresh each and every time. I guess CF has made me paranoid :lol:

My avatar
doobykat
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby doobykat » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:32 pm

ladybird wrote:Am I the only person who worries about storing things damp, or keeping water/solution for too long?

I did wonder about that when we first started using the Cheeky Wipes set, after all, if you store damp clothes for any length of time, they go all mouldy/musty smelling :-?
But the wipes don't, for whatever reason. Maybe the oils have some kind of anti-bac properties that help keep things fresh? They always smell really nice, so now I just don't think anything of it... :oops:

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby ladybird » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:35 pm

doobykat wrote:
ladybird wrote:Am I the only person who worries about storing things damp, or keeping water/solution for too long?

I did wonder about that when we first started using the Cheeky Wipes set, after all, if you store damp clothes for any length of time, they go all mouldy/musty smelling :-?
But the wipes don't, for whatever reason. Maybe the oils have some kind of anti-bac properties that help keep things fresh? They always smell really nice, so now I just don't think anything of it... :oops:

I guess the oils will help. Just because you can't see any mould though, doesn't mean the bacteria aren't there. I think it's just me being paranoid though, we have to be very careful with some stuff.

PreviousNext

Return to Washable Wipes