hf1

Fabrics for wipes

My avatar
Cocobelle
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Fabrics for wipes

Postby Cocobelle » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:20 pm

I have been using washable wipes that I got for free in amongst a bundle of nappies and wraps. They seem to be made of terry like small, thin dishcloths. They work well for poos because they are slightly rough, but I wondered what kind of material would be better for wiping my boy when he's just wet. I've read that minki and fleece can be used for wipes. I'd like your opinions on what's best and where to buy. I had a look at the WAHM section but couldn't find any wipes. I'm not looking for anything fancy. Ideally I would like to buy something low cost.

Thanks.

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Fabrics for wipes

Postby docmaggoo » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:24 pm

Do you have a sewing machine?
You could back your Terry wipes with cut up fleece to give a softer side for 'just wees' but still keep the cotton Terry for sticker poos iykwim.

Cut up fleece is get for make your own wipes because it doesn't need hemming!

But WAHM wipes I love are looby lu's and WeeNotions!
I love our Itti Bitti wipes too, very smooth!

My avatar
Cocobelle
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Cocobelle » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:27 pm

I don't have a sewing machine but my
Dad runs his own business and employs a seamstress who is really nice and doesn't mind doing alterations for the family. I could ask her to alter wipes. I would also like more wipes so I don't have to wash as much, but I could try to adapt the ones I have until I can afford new ones.

Thanks. x

My avatar
Bluebell
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Bluebell » Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:21 pm

We like Little Gumnut, Looby Lus and also the 'value' wipes from Babykind (£5.60 for 10).

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:40 pm

I like bamboo terry one side for poo's & minkee the other side for wee's :D

I make my own so they are not perfect but work!

My avatar
laceybat
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby laceybat » Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:07 pm

I'v just order some from loobylu's but have made my own before from BV and bamboo fleace and a made a few from washcloths today as well as i needed some quickly.

My avatar
jclmellor
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby jclmellor » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:01 pm

have a look on ebay as well, our favourite were 10 for £5 odd i think - bamboo and fleece combo and they are gorgeous xxx

My avatar
flossyfly
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby flossyfly » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:19 pm

Mamamoomy on ebay. She makes and sells wipes, terry cotton/fleece. very nice and reasonable price for WAHM wipes.

[url]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5-MAMAMOOMY-GIRLS-FLEECE-TERRY-WIPES-WASH-CLOTHS-/290471131860?pt=UK_Baby_Baby_Bathing_Grooming_LE&hash=item43a16dbad4[url]

My avatar
Cocobelle
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Cocobelle » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:46 pm

I might try to get hold of some minkee and ask my dad's seamstress to do some for me, and I'm definitely going to buy some from mamamoomy when I get paid on Tue.

Thank you for the suggestions :-)

Next

Return to Washable Wipes