hf1

PP: Do you?

My avatar
laceybat
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: PP: Do you?

Postby laceybat » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:55 am

No you just don't dunk any thing in any hot drink. :puke: :puke: when you come to the botom with all the sludge

As for fav drink is a nice hot cocolate with lots of cream on the top

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby JabberJabber » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:09 am

People, people, people! I'm shocked! Those of you who don't dunk must be doing it all wrong.

You have to choose both beverage and biscuit very carefully, considering how the drink will make the biscuit taste and, as Tory says...

clothmama wrote::panic: :panic: floaties people floaties :panic: :panic:

Everybody knows you dip rich tea biscuits in tea.

Builders tea, mind, never your fancy Lady Grey or lapsang souchong. Those require an entirely different sort of biscuit, something more dainty like a thin lemony shortbread. I would be able to tell you more about this but I didn't get research funding for 2014/15, so you'll all have to wait until I do.

Coffee can take something much more dense, cookies, chocolate bourbons, chocolate digestives... regardless of the type of coffee (unless it's a shot of espresso as the cup is too small to get a biccie in)

My avatar
cuppachaplz
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby cuppachaplz » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:29 am

rich tea in tea

or shortbread fingers in proper-job hot chocolate, made with hot milk, preferably with toms of cream being scooped onto said biscuit.

Also I am quite a fan of shortbread or chic chip cookies in cold milk; I think my son has corrupted me :lol:

I used to work with a girl who dipped buttered toast in her tea. You could see the greasy scum floating on the surface (and on the mug when washing it), and crumbs stuck to the the side of the cup. WRONG. fighting back the vomit just remembering, and it was years ago...... ARRGGHHHH!

My avatar
cuppachaplz
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby cuppachaplz » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:31 am

oooh! liking the idea of 'thin,lemony shortbread' @jabberjabber.
I could really go that right now
On my dirtier days, I could dunk think, slightly overcooked shortbread in creme anglaise too :D

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby JabberJabber » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:55 am

@cuppachaplz Use the recipe for the shortbread here - http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/lemon ... emon_85812

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:15 pm

@jabberjabber I think we could have a cnt dunking research symposium? A collaborative effort?

My avatar
girlinleeds
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru

Postby girlinleeds » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:17 pm

Custard creme in a cup of tea yumyum

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:12 pm

Yum yum yum a chocolate rich tea biscuit in a good ole builders :widesmile:

Not done it for some time, I think I ought to!

My avatar
Dancing mum
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Dancing mum » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:36 pm

I'm a hot chocolate or even hot black current girl. So for hot choc I love choc hobnobs / choc digestives / malted milk (normal or choc) but for hot black current I like rich tea / nice / custard cream (and yes, I do have a very sweet tooth!)

PreviousNext

Return to Games, fun threads and quizzes