hf1

Prepping hemp and bamboo, help confused newbie!

My avatar
sarat
Clothie
Clothie

Prepping hemp and bamboo, help confused newbie!

Postby sarat » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:56 pm

Hi,

I'm new to cloth and have just got a selection of different nappies to try. I'm wanting to prep the nappies but am hearing conflicting advice on what you are supposed to do.

So I have:

some little lamb one size with microfibre insets
Some little lamb bamboos
And some gnappies with hemp boosters

Also have fleece liners

I've been hearing that the hemps need to be prepped separately from the bamboo and microfibre due to oils in the fibres potentially leaking onto the other fabrics and causing repelling.

So, does anyone know if this is true and do I also need to prep the bamboos separately from the microfibres and what about the fleece liners, do they have to be separated as well?

Seems like all my different types have to be prepped separately, what has everyone else done? :laundry:

Sorry for the ignorance, complete newbie! :doh:

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Prepping hemp and bamboo, help confused newbie!

Postby sim » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:05 pm

Ummm, never hear any of that. I just bunged mine in all together! :laundry:

My avatar
Jellybelly6
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Jellybelly6 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:44 pm

I just do them all together. I believe hemp likes one 60 degree pre wash but to be honest I often don't even pre wash. I tend to put them on the child with a view to change them very quickly (golden rule that new nappies or inserts must be christened by child pooing in them within 10 mins of going on child's bum :giggle: ) and then :laundry: with next scheduled nappy wash. Lazy or what?

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby JabberJabber » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:19 am

When I've had brand new hemp or bamboo nappies, I've washed them a few times before using them to help increase the absorbancy. Never really bothered drying them between washes, just put them straight back in the machine.

Return to Washing Cloth Nappies