hf1

Hotpoint machine help anti stain/allergy?!?!?

My avatar
Katielou
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Hotpoint machine help anti stain/allergy?!?!?

Postby Katielou » Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:18 am

Hi everyone I read on here the other day somebody talking about using the anti allergy wash as it does more rinses. I usually do a rinse intensive cotton wash at 40 with dettol or 60 without and then another rinse. Half scoop of bio and sometimes a bit of fairy on any stains rubbed in after first rinse. I had a big poop explosion yesterday though and the anti stain caught my eye today, only goes to 40 though but am trying it out today. As I'm now using some easyfits which contain microfibre I am aware of the need to rinse properly to avoid stripping which tots bots advise every three months, never done a strip yet.....
Anyway just wondering if anyone knows more about the anti allergy as it doesn't say much in instructions and what is best cycle?!? Machine is wdpg8640 Thanks

My avatar
Bugglyboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Hotpoint machine help anti stain/allergy?!?!?

Postby Bugglyboo » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:50 am

No idea about anti allergy but it isn't recommended to wash at 60 as it can damage the elastic and PUL. We mostly wash at 30 with the odd 60 if they've been ill. I could wash higher as we use Terry squares bit I've never really felt the need to.

My avatar
Katielou
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Katielou » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:57 am

Yeah I stick to 40 most of the time just do ocassional 60 now and then.

My avatar
Katielou
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Katielou » Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:33 pm

Well the stain didn't come out completely, don't think I'll bother with the anti stain programme again. Have emailed hotpoint regarding what exactly the anti allergy wash does.

Return to Washing Cloth Nappies