hf1

Three ways to strip a nappy

My avatar
MumOf1
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Re: Three ways to strip a nappy

Postby MumOf1 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:59 pm

Cloth newbie here and didn't even know you were supposed to strip nappies. Ooops , maybe I better try and find more info on this!

My avatar
RuthPat
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby RuthPat » Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:29 pm

Am thinking of stripping my nappies as I have started getting leaks. I am going to try new boosters as DD has started heavy wetting. I can't use anything other than non bio as any bio liquids and powders cause me to come out in arash so won't take a risk with DD's - I think therefore dishwasher tablet option is out. I do use vinegar in occasional washes. Why not vinegar with PUL is it ok in washing machine with pockets? Can you use bicarb and vinegar at the same time - how many washes do you do to strip with this kind of method ? Sorry for so many questions. Can't manage doing all nappies soaking and rinsing and hanging dry as although I have a big stash it isn't that big :giggle: Thanks in advance Ruthxxx One more question I promise if I buy new boosters how many times should I prewash to increase absorbancy? Rx
Last edited by RuthPat on Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
cammi
Clothie
Clothie

Postby cammi » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:09 pm

Hi

New on here so sorry if this has already been answered, but can the dishwasher method be used on all types of nappies??

cheers
clare

My avatar
sassmouss
Clothie
Clothie

Postby sassmouss » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:46 pm

Hmmm I think the washing up liquid / scrubbing method will be out for me as I have far too many nappies..... The vinegar one sounds good, will give it a try :)

My avatar
Nappy Bliss
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Nappy Bliss » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:52 pm

From what I have heard / read - the only reason they state dishwasher tab on PUL is that the vinegar method is not recommended with PUL as it makes them delaminate. I don't think they mean you can't use dishwasher tab on other types. Tots Bots partyicularly do not recommend vinegar at all.

My avatar
Emilie
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Emilie » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:44 pm

can i ask what type of dishwasher tablets you used? i have finish ones going atm but there is no bubbles at all, i didnt expect that! also keeps getting stuck in the front on the machine.

My avatar
x2008xbabyx
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby x2008xbabyx » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:15 pm

Hi, I'm being given some preloved puls on Friday and I'm liking the sound of the dishwasher tablets stripping method (I've been told that the nappies will need stripping before use), but just being nosey as to which brand of dishwasher tablet is best, are cheapies fine or does it need to be Finish tablets?

I'm quite eager to get on and use these nappies asap and don't want to lose a day having to rinse and re-rinse nappies all day, and am now slightly confused as the person giving me them said to do a strip with vinegar and I've now read that vinegar is bad for puls.

Thanks

Dawn

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:53 pm

We have dishwashing powder, can i use that? Do i put it in the drawer or the drum?!

Thanks!

My avatar
x2008xbabyx
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby x2008xbabyx » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:11 pm

ems101 wrote:We have dishwashing powder, can i use that? Do i put it in the drawer or the drum?!

Thanks!

I would have thought it would work, its the same thing isn't it? I think I'd put it in the drawer so it can filter down through, I'd be worried it'd wash the powder out too quickly, whereas a tablet seems to sit there for quite a while because it ends up resting at the front of the machine.

Have put a strip wash on this morning we have sunlight (rain forecast tomorrow) and its like soap city in my machine! Hubby bought liquid by mistake (but been using bio powder on nappies) so dunno if its down to build up in nappies or the machine :-?

PreviousNext

Return to Washing Cloth Nappies