Vintage Caravan Makeover

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: Vintage Caravan Makeover

Postby clothmama » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:58 am

And I have a pretty similar layout, double bed where the table is except at this stage there is not a fold down bunk but I'm wondering if we can get one in the front bed (which is single but we could change to be double but for the kids would be awesome if we could work out how to put a bunk in).

Did you get new foam done or was it already OK? They have all the mattresses / cushions but they are original so thinking it may not be just a recover job, not sure if they are any good really from just a quick look.

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Allie » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:18 am

clothmama wrote:And I have a pretty similar layout, double bed where the table is except at this stage there is not a fold down bunk but I'm wondering if we can get one in the front bed (which is single but we could change to be double but for the kids would be awesome if we could work out how to put a bunk in).

Did you get new foam done or was it already OK? They have all the mattresses / cushions but they are original so thinking it may not be just a recover job, not sure if they are any good really from just a quick look.

@clothmama a bunk bed over the single should be easy enough to fit and you can pick them up cheaply enough. The foam in mine was ok comfort wise but a bit smelly so I aired them outside for a bit and they were fine. It's very exciting doing a project like this seeing your creation start to take shape. Good luck with it all. When are you hoping to get it?

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:30 am

Allie wrote:When are you hoping to get it?

We need to get a tow bar bit as that is missing and we can't borrow a car trailer and maybe put new tires but hopefully in the next week.

Previous

Return to The Great Outdoors