hf1

Nappies

My avatar
cupcake
Clothie
Clothie

Nappies

Postby cupcake » Sun May 06, 2012 9:11 am

Hello everyone, im Leann and im 13weeks Pregnant (to be confirmed on Tuesday at my first scan :D)

My partner and I are wanting to use cloth nappies full time, but are confused with all the different types you can get.
At first we saw some bundles on ebay (yellow moon ones i think) but don't know if thee going to be all that good. The itti bittis are the ones that have stud out the most to me, but again i don't no anything about them.

Thanks for reading, hope to hear from you soon :) x

My avatar
The Tree Fairy
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict
Site Supporter

Nappies

Postby The Tree Fairy » Sun May 06, 2012 9:57 am

Hi cupcake. Welcome to Cloth Nappy Tree :wave:

I hope you enjoy using the site - there are plenty of areas to explore, if you can't find something or have any questions just ask, everyone is friendly and helpful :-D

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Nappies

Postby Frances » Sun May 06, 2012 10:05 am

:wave: Welcome to the tree!

There's lots of info about using cloth nappies on the site, have a browse or start a thread and you'll all the advice you need :smile:

Ittis are great, by the way!

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Sun May 06, 2012 11:49 am

Hi & welcome to the tree :wave:

You will find that most of us have stashes made up of different types of nappies. As babies grow & develop, they wee at different rate which means that a nappy that worked great for you might all of a sudden start leaking everywhere. If you want to use cloth from birth, you will need some newborn size cloth for the first few weeks before a size 1 or small will fit. Luckily enough, you have loads of time before you have to buy nappies so spend some time on here getting to know everyone, reading up on info & posting questions before you decide the best option for you.

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby gayleygoo » Sun May 06, 2012 12:14 pm

:wave: hi! and congrats on your pregnancy :D

This is a fanatsic place to find out all about nappies (and most things baby related!), have a good read through the threads, and the reviews section is a good place to start if you want to know more about nappies. Itti's are cute and slim on newborns, but not a very reliable nappy especially in the first few months. Fitted nappies are usually better for newborns - little lambs, tots bots, diddy diapers etc are all good, not too expensive, and if you don't mind second-hand you can usually pick them up cheaply in the classifieds section. PUL or wool wraps go over fitted nappies and are better at containing breastfed-baby poo and wee than pocket nappies or all-in-ones. Ask all the questions you have, we're a friendly bunch :D

Return to Welcome Newcomers