hf1

Hello!

My avatar
swordfish
Clothie
Clothie

Hello!

Postby swordfish » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:40 pm

Hi! :wave: I'm new here. I'm mum to a lovely 16 month old girl who has been in cloth since she was about 4 weeks (too small before and I was too cheap to buy multiple sizes :embarassed:

I'm struggling with cloth at the moment as we're having so many leaks so looking to buy more boosters and perhaps get some advice

My avatar
The Tree Fairy
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict
Site Supporter

Hello!

Postby The Tree Fairy » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:52 pm

Hi swordfish. Welcome to Cloth Nappy Tree :wave:

I hope you enjoy using the site - there are plenty of areas to explore, if you can't find something or have any questions just ask, everyone is friendly and helpful :-D

My avatar
g murphy
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Hello!

Postby g murphy » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:12 pm

:wave: :wave: and welcome. xx

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby sim » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:11 am

Hi and welcome to the tree :wave:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:25 am

Hello and welcome to the tree :wave: @swordfish

What are you currently using? Hemp and bamboo boosters tend to be the best as they are so absorbent, zorb is another one that some people rate highly but I never tried it as Louis was out of nappies before it started being used. If you let us know what you are using then I'm sure we can come up with some ideas for you to get them working again for you leak free!

My avatar
swordfish
Clothie
Clothie

Postby swordfish » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:18 am

Thank you everyone :)

Don't know the best place to post about the nappies as I'm not sure which category they come under :embarassed: I use TB easyfits with a LL bamboo booster. Often only getting 1.5 hours, sometimes 2, out of them at the moment :-?

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby sim » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:45 am

@swordfish
This is a good place to start in the Cloth Nappy Know How section

http://www.clothnappytree.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=23

or you can look under the specific type of nappy you want in the "know how" section - go to the Board Index and scroll down!

My avatar
mollycoddles
Clothie
Clothie

Postby mollycoddles » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:29 pm

Hey I'm new here too...
I started using cloth quite late with little man - I stumbled on a nappuccino morning during a half term holiday (all my mummy freinds had just finished maternity leave and I was stuck for things to do - so had gone to the local surestart to see what was on) I won a nappy there and haven't looked back since. I've still saved over £1000 already by my calculations as I bought my nappys second hand. If we have a second I'm quids in (and my sister when she gets round to having kids will definitely be saving a mountain of cash if she "borrows" them off us!).
Anyway I noticed you say your 16 month old is leaking a bit now. My local nappy library kindly gave me a ticket for the baby show in london, where I spoke to a couple of nappy stands and discovered that the reason we were having leaks is because there was too much powder in the nappies. The lady at BG was particularly helpful... the advice she gave me was that if the nappys smell fresh (or worse if they smell of amonia - which mine were starting too) then you have too much powder. Not including your nappy outers, or any parts which contain pull, wash them with a dishwasher tablet as it strips the powder out... for the all in ones such as my easyfits I ended up washing them without powder for a few washes until they smelt of nothing. I've been able to use less boosters since and get fewer leaks too... I won't say I never do because he's such a fidget... but we put him in a disposable overnight once and he still leaked - so it's not the cloth nappies that are causing the leaks - it's him wriggling all the time!
I hope this advice helps a little - when you do a strip wash you should get to the point where your nappies just have no smell at all coming out of the wash! I now tend to wash with minimum powder in a rinse cycle and then restart the machine on a mini 40 wash without powder and they are coming out perfect.
Hope that helps with the leaks!

Return to Welcome Newcomers