hf1

Hello :-)

My avatar
Catie
Clothie
Clothie

Hello :-)

Postby Catie » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:57 pm

New to the forum - still waiting for my first to hurry up and be born (he's currently four days overdue). We have loads of newborn-sized disposable nappies that have been bought for us, and I'll be using those for the first week or so while I get to grips with looking after a baby! After that I hope to use cloth nappies full time. I'm hoping to get hold of a trial pack from a local cloth nappy library, so I can figure out what works best for us before spending lots of money. Can't wait to start building up my own stash, though!

My avatar
g murphy
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Hello :-)

Postby g murphy » Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:53 pm

:wave: And welcome. Hope bubs arrives soon for you. Xxx

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:24 am

Hi Catie - congratulations on your first baby :yahoo: I hope he arrives really soon! If it makes you feel any better the average for first babies is 40+5 and in France they actually give you your due date as 41 weeks, so if you were there you wouldn't be 'due' yet :giggle:

I did the same thing and used dispos for the first week or so with Louis while in hospital but then got into it! Lots of advice on here and pre-loved bargains to build your stash when you are ready!

Welcome to the site, look forward to hearing your birth announcement!

My avatar
twirlygirly
Clothie
Clothie

Postby twirlygirly » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:21 pm

Hi Catie, I'm currently waiting for baby #3 to arrive, he was "due" yesterday!

My avatar
Catie
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Catie » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:21 pm

Really late reply to this one - I forgot I'd posted! Harry was born by induction in the end, at two weeks past his due date. I'm still using disposables at the moment, but I've had a go with a trial kit of cloth nappies, and now I'm building up my own stash. I can't wait until I can go full-time in cloth!

My avatar
Sunset
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Sunset » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:13 am

Congratulations on the arrival of Harry!

Return to Welcome Newcomers