hf1

Hello there!

My avatar
kiwi35
Clothie
Clothie

Hello there!

Postby kiwi35 » Wed May 22, 2013 1:59 pm

Hi, I'm a plastic Kiwi living back in the UK since the earthquakes in Christchurch - hopefully going home in Sept this year (FINALLY!). :D

My daughter is one and I've used cloth since she was 5 weeks. Mostly because I'm really cheap and like to save money, natch we have cloth wipes too. But also to "save the planet" (yawn) and protect LO's bum.

I started with BumGenius XS and TotsBots TeenyFits, now I have almost all BG Freetimes, a few TB v3&2 (they leak on her - 3's are awful, even boosted) and 4 China Cheapies I got pre-loved, which do better than the TB's! At night I LOVE the TB Bamboozles with Motherease wraps. Bombproof.

I HATE stuffing! :evil:

I also tried BGv4, weenotions, issybear, ittybitty d'lish pre-loved but couldn't get on with them. Hoping to de-stash those here. I did buy a Pop-In in real nappy week, but only because it was pink with owls on...I'm sure you know how that works! :doh:

I've joined because I'm having real ammonia issues, I've tried a dishwasher tab strip I found on here and while my nappies are now beautifully soft and clean smelling it did zip to cure the ammonia problem. It's really bad and she's getting little sore bits :o( and my bedroom smells like a hairdressers! :-?

ttfn, Kiwi

My avatar
The Tree Fairy
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict
Site Supporter

Hello there!

Postby The Tree Fairy » Wed May 22, 2013 3:40 pm

Hi kiwi35. Welcome to Cloth Nappy Tree :wave:

I hope you enjoy using the site - there are plenty of areas to explore, if you can't find something or have any questions just ask, everyone is friendly and helpful :-D

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Hello there!

Postby ems101 » Wed May 22, 2013 3:57 pm

Hi ya! When I have ammonia issues I was with a full dose of bio powder on 60drgreees and do 2 extra rinses. Whats your normal wash routine? I also do a pre wash rinse

My avatar
kiwi35
Clothie
Clothie

Postby kiwi35 » Thu May 23, 2013 12:21 pm

Hi ems, yes, after a lot of research I've discovered that i don't actually know what I'm doing re washing!

I was doing cold rinse no spin, 60° looong wash with extra rinse. All good. BUT i was using non bio, and only one quarter of recommended dose. And LIQUID. Naughty! Been and got some Aldi almat bio stain lift powder, and done an empty machine 90° wash with vinegar, after giving the drawer a good de-grime!

Hope that helps now!

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby ems101 » Thu May 23, 2013 5:26 pm

Good :)

My avatar
Liz_Mossum
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Liz_Mossum » Thu May 23, 2013 6:04 pm

Hi Kiwi! I have a friend in Christchurch :)

Welcome and hope you get your problem sorted out.

Return to Welcome Newcomers