Newbie stopping bye to say HI

My avatar
wulfie
Clothie
Clothie

Postby wulfie » Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:20 pm

Hi Everyone

I have a feeling that I may be a little different from most of the members here! You see I am a G'ma (as dubbed by my grandson Ruban) and am very involved in supporting my amazing Daughter-in-law through her adventures in natural parenting.

I made 75% of the nappies she used for her first child (Ruban)from recycled materials.

At present I am re-purposing old Tshirts into nightgowns for the baby she is expecting any day now :widesmile:

I used cloth nappies for both my children when they were small and really wish there had been places like this around then.

Wulfie

My avatar
The Tree Fairy
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict
Site Supporter

Postby The Tree Fairy » Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:28 pm

Hi wulfie. Welcome to Cloth Nappy Tree :wave:

I hope you enjoy using the site - there are plenty of areas to explore, if you can't find something or have any questions just ask, everyone is friendly and helpful :-D

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Newbie stopping bye to say HI

Postby Shaunie » Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:54 pm

Hi Wulfie :wave:

Not all of us have babies in nappies anymore but folk still pop on to chat and share their craft projects :D

Welcome to the tree :cnthug:

My avatar
Bugglyboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Bugglyboo » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:02 pm

Hiya :wave:

I think there are a couple of 'grand' people here. @scotia is one I think.

I would love to see some photos of your creations. There's a great craft section on here :D

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:41 pm

Hi and welcome! How lovely that you are so supportive of your DILs parenting choices!

Jess is right, we do have a few grandmothers who are members, as she said Scotia is and @Steph is a grandma too

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby sim » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:56 pm

:wave: welcome!

What they said^^^ and there are quite a few sewing and knitty / crochet people about too!

Did you use a pattern for the nappies you made or wing it yourself?

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:32 am

Hi Wulfie, welcome to the tree :-)

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby JabberJabber » Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:43 am

Hi Wulfie :wave: welcome to the tree. Will you show us the nightgowns when you have done them - I'm intrigued.

My avatar
wulfie
Clothie
Clothie

Postby wulfie » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:57 pm

THANK YOU all for the warm welcome :D

To answer the questions
What they said^^^ and there are quite a few sewing and knitty / crochet people about too!

Did you use a pattern for the nappies you made or wing it yourself?

I tried a variety of free online patterns, none of which worked to well, in the end I kinda made a composite pattern for the shaped ones and winged it for the boosters and prefolds.

I have to admit I am somewhat of an adventurous craftperson and tend to reverse engineer (either by examining closely or actually deconstructing things) to achieve the end result I have in mind.

Hi Wulfie :wave: welcome to the tree. Will you show us the nightgowns when you have done them - I'm intrigued.

I will try and remember to take some pics so I can post them, or at least the ones that turn out. I must admit I am having way too much fun searching for XL men's 100% cotton Tshirts to make them out of. I will also see if I still have the pics of the Nappies I made for Ruban as well as the Quilt and Crochet blankets

Next

Return to Welcome Newcomers