hf1

Not that new!

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Not that new!

Postby northernruth » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:15 am

Well was just having a sulky surf at work and realised there were posts here - d'oh! (thought it was just intructions!!!)

So somewhat tardily I thought I should introduce myself. My name is Ruth and I live in Leeds, mum to my darling miracle daugter Martha Rose, born after 5 years of trying and 5 failed rounds of ivf, one with donor eggs in Spain - eventually she was a natural conception!

As a result I am an old first time mummy at 41, Martha is nearly 18 months and we have been in cloth for about a year now. Always try to buy pre loved now after the guilt of buying new Fuzzis from the States when I started out, so that's where I have spent most of my time on here - buying nappies! (Thanks to all you lovely ladies who have helped with my stash!)

I don't get much time to post as I work 4 days (and often have to work on my day off too) and am also a moderator on an infertility forum, which takes up a lot of on line time. Thinking of stopping work tho to spend more time with Martha as they seem to grow up so fast.

Big fans of pockets in our house but we also love an AI2 - have some lovely bottombumpers we got from Ramsey which are nearly too small now..............can feel some fluffy shopping coming on!!

My avatar
anya1973
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Not that new!

Postby anya1973 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:51 am

Hellooo! Now I know who keeps buying all my nappies. :lol:

:lol: at you feeling guilty about the brand new fuzzis. :lol:

Helen xx

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:39 am

Hello. And nice to hear a little bit more about you. I totally understand you wanting to spend more time with Martha, I am in discussions about going back to work part time (I used to work full time before Ben was born) as I don't want to look back in a few years and wonder where the time went.

Anyway, thanks for introducing yourself officially and look forward to chatting more :D

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:46 am

Ruth
Thanks for taking the time to tell us more about yourself. Glad you have managed to find a place to buy nappies to add to your stash. If you can afford to stop work and look after Matha, I can understand why you would. It seems like no time ago Kayleigh was a tiny baby, but now she is 2 already. Looking forward to chatting further.

My avatar
Joaninha
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Joaninha » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:14 am

Welcome to the Tree, Ruth.

Nice to know a bit more about you! I can understand buying preloved... and guilt over purchases... :oops: I can totally relate about wanting to stay at home with the kids, though tbh, I am looking forward to spending time at work, away from mine... :oops: :wink: I am going back part-time, and hope to achieve a better work/life balance ( :hohoho: ) we just couldn't do without my income as well :cry:

Looking forward to chatting a bit more,
xxx

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby northernruth » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:28 am

I know, sometimes work feels like time off! DH away this week so I feel like a single Mum - well done to any of you out there! I needs to come to work for a break!

Return to Welcome Newcomers