hf1

Hi all!

My avatar
Lysistrata
Clothie
Clothie

Hi all!

Postby Lysistrata » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:38 pm

Hi, I'm due to become a first time mum very soon (due 1st Feb but a very big baby so hoping he makes an appearance sooner!)

I've been looking into cloth nappies since I started trying to conceive almost 6 and a half years ago. So I'm excited about all the possibilities.

I currently live in Yorkshire, previously London - I moved back up temporarily to be closer to my family, who are so excited I think they might have moved to London themselves if I'd stayed down there.

Lovely to meet you all!

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Hi all!

Postby sim » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:07 pm

:wave:
Welcome to the Tree and congratulations on your impending arrival :D

Do you have a fluffy stash ready to go or are you waiting until bubs arrives? Any questions just ask - there's lots of knowledgable clothies here.

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:26 pm

Hi and welcome! How exciting to be finally so close to meeting your very long awaited little one :) do you have any specific nappy plans?

My avatar
girlinleeds
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru

Postby girlinleeds » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:36 pm

Hi welcome to the tree, if you have any questions just ask we're a friendly bunch

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:02 am

Hello and welcome! I'd suggest trying a few different type so you can work out what suits your baby and definitely dont' buy a 'set' of one type as if that style / shape doesn't suit your baby then you will be stuck with lots. Classifieds is a great spot to pick up great condition preloved newborn nappies to try. If your baby is really big you may also be able to go into size 1 nappies quite quickly or straight away which is handy.

As the others have said feel free to ask as many questions that you need to and read through all the info that we have on here to help get you going :widesmile:

My avatar
Lysistrata
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Lysistrata » Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:11 pm

Thanks for the welcome :)

I have ordered a few types to try, a combination of eBay bargain hunting and some new ones. I've got bamboozle stretch and little lamb bamboo with mother ease wraps for nights, then a few different types for daytime (little lamb AIO are such a bargain at the moment! Also have done Grovia hybrids, some fuzzibuns and some Milovia)

Its seriously addictive, this nappy buying lark!

My avatar
Cocobelle
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Cocobelle » Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:04 pm

Hi and welcome :)

Congratulations on your pregnancy.

I'm just getting back into using cloth, counted my nappies today and I have 138! So yes, it's addictive!

Coco. x

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:43 pm

Cocobelle wrote:I'm just getting back into using cloth, counted my nappies today and I have 138! So yes, it's addictive!

Coco. x

Wow @Cocobelle that is an impressive stash - we need pics of all those!!

My avatar
Cocobelle
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Cocobelle » Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:49 am

I took some pics yesterday but I can't remember how to upload them. I'll check it out and post then in a separate thread.

Coco. x

Next

Return to Welcome Newcomers