Another Newbie Here!!!

My avatar
trying4baby
Clothie
Clothie

Another Newbie Here!!!

Postby trying4baby » Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:05 pm

Hello to all the regulars and the other newbies like myself. :D :D :D :D

well i come here via looking for pattens to make my own cloth nappies (or trying lol :lol: ). i first learnt of cloth nappies via my best mates 2nd pregnancy when we picked up a bocklet from the local council and read it. she spoke to her husband and they bothe decided that it was no cheper than disposable so they wont swich.

i on the other hand get so angrry with them over it and feel that they are not being true to our religion (as we all are wiccan). i have looked into cloth nappies and think they are so fantastic that i cant sign there prasises high enough and i havent even used them yet.

i am trying for a child and would love one soon, but i know what i am going to do when they areive and how the birth will be and how i will pearent. but my friend and her husband said that my hopes will never come to anything and i will end up in hospital and have a c-section and i should also have an epidural as that is the best way to labour. i should not have this nosecene of no drug home birth idea :evil: :evil: :evil: .

anyway i am so sorry for venting and going on :oops: :oops: . i tink that we as humans should save the planet as much as we can as she is in a very vunrable state with landfils and co2 gassees. how would we like it, if it was us??

all my love bb krystina :D :D :D

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Site Supporter

Postby beck » Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:53 am

HI Krystina

A big welcome to you! I'm Beck mum to Hannah 3yrs old & Phebie almost 1 and another due in Dec.

I'm a big believer in Natural births as well I only had gas & air for my 1st and then had nothing for my 2nd and thats the plan for this little one too. Your friends should be supporting you but they might just feel defensive of there choices.

Cloth nappies are great and they do save you money unless you get completely addicted like me and end up with far more nappies than you actually need :wink: Also it does make you feel good that your not adding to the landfill.

Look forward to chatting more soon and fingers crossed for a baby for you soon.

Also where are you from if you dont mind me asking I'm from Brisbane Australia.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:50 am

:D :D Welcome Krystina :D :D I'd noticed you online a bit and was hoping you would come and say hello!

Not sure how your friends came to the conclusion that cloth is dearer than disopsables, maybe they can't add up :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink: :!: :!: My 1st size nappies (0-6 months approx) cost me £130 (mainly vgc 2nd hand) adn I sold them on for £100 so my first 6 months cost me £30, that is 3 weeks nappies here!!!!!! So sorry as I said I don't think they can add up!!

It's fantastic you are so keen even before you are pregnant! I used dispicables on my 1st son and had an epidural etc and my 2nd I came home from hospital in cloth (100% natural birth, not even a panadol!!) and I've never looked back!

I'm not sure what Wiccan is, shall go and google it!

Best of luck ttc, we look forward to a bfp very soon, I'll put you on the Cloth Nappy Tree baby rosta!!! Jump right in with any questions and in the general chat. There are a few of us that have made nappies.

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:40 am

Hello and welcome. I am mum to Charlotte who is nearly 15 months and been in cloth since 5 days old. And we love it.

I too wanted a natural birth and am really glad that I managed with only gas and air. Not sure about a home birth thought - dh worries about the mess, especially now he has been through it once :lol:

Speak more to you soon, as you can teach us about wiccan.

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:17 am

hi Krystina.
I'm shevi, and i use cloth on my 11 month sprog and have done since he was 5 months old, and they are fab! so much more reliable that disposables...and cheaper and cuter...as for the natural birth want...i would have liked something slightly more natural than my 2 Ceasareans if i'd had the choice!! but think epidurals are possbly the bestest inventions in the world!!
looking forward to hearing more form you, we are a friendly sort of bunch
shevi

My avatar
karenandgeorgia
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby karenandgeorgia » Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:46 pm

Hi Krystina, welcome to the board, we are all a lovely bunch :D :D

Wishing you lots of luck with trying for a baby, looking forward to chatting.

Karen xx

My avatar
trying4baby
Clothie
Clothie

Postby trying4baby » Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:55 pm

thank you for the replys. I acept peoples right to birth and bring there children up how they want and i support that but i am begining to feel that i shouldnt have my ideas and thoughts. i know sometimes i come accross as very head strong and i dont mean to affend but i think that everyone in the would is intitalled to there own way. the more i research and read the more my ideas forma and the more head stong i seam to become, wheather it is godd is to be waited on. :?: :?: :?:

I have found out today that my best mate will be with me at the birth of my baby (when i consive mind you) and she said she will support what i want as my feelings are still strong. so i think that is a little victory. yay!!!! :shock: :shock:

i have to ask what is the following:- "ttc and bfp"????

Also if anyone would like me to explain wiccan quickly then let me know and i can pm or put a little info in the genral section.

take care all.

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:39 pm

trying4baby wrote:thank you for the replys. I acept peoples right to birth and bring there children up how they want and i support that but i am begining to feel that i shouldnt have my ideas and thoughts. i know sometimes i come accross as very head strong and i dont mean to affend but i think that everyone in the would is intitalled to there own way. the more i research and read the more my ideas forma and the more head stong i seam to become, wheather it is godd is to be waited on. :?: :?: :?:

I have found out today that my best mate will be with me at the birth of my baby (when i consive mind you) and she said she will support what i want as my feelings are still strong. so i think that is a little victory. yay!!!! :shock: :shock:

i have to ask what is the following:- "ttc and bfp"????

Also if anyone would like me to explain wiccan quickly then let me know and i can pm or put a little info in the genral section.

take care all.

Hi and welcome - TTC = trying to conceive and BFP = big fat positive on the old pregnancy tests!!! HTH (hope that helps) you and i look forward to your bfp very soon :wink: Cloth is fab :D

My avatar
wendles
Clothie
Clothie

Postby wendles » Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:21 am

hello welcome,
good luck in your ttc and hope you get a bfp very soon,
cloth is lovely and very addictive
speak to you soon

Next

Return to Welcome Newcomers