Old member returning after a few years!

My avatar
cazza1982_123
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Old member returning after a few years!

Postby cazza1982_123 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:12 pm

Hello there,
I was a member of the tree a few years ago (5 years) when i had my eldest son. Since then I've had another son who's 2 next month and a daughter who is 11 weeks old.

I love cloth nappies but having two in nappies is a challenge so at the mo my baby and toddler are in cloth during the day & disposables at night. Have got some lovely night nappies but can't add to the washing pile anymore than this!

All of my nappies are all quite old & the elastic has gone on a lot of them (bumgenius & little lambs) but the fuzzis have lasted well as have the good old tots bots!

Does anyone have any suggestions on what good cloth nappies are out there nowadays? Am looking to buy some for the children because so many of the nappies can't be used because of the elastic :(

Thank you so much.. Hope someone can help!

Caroline xx

My avatar
Sunset
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Old member returning after a few years!

Postby Sunset » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:20 pm

:wave: Sorry I'm a bit out of touch with day nappies as my boys are only in night nappies but I'm sure some lovely lady will be along soon with some recommendations.

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:24 pm

Hello! I have similar aged children - 4.5, 2, 4m, so also 2 in nappies. The washing is never ending isnt it?! We use sposies at night and occationally in tge day if I need to catch up. Im loving little lambs. My toddler is in sz3 bamboo fitteds and my baby is in sized pockets. They've both been in the sale recentlt. Unfortunately little lamb sales are only accessible through their page on a popular social networking site.

My avatar
cazza1982_123
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby cazza1982_123 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:43 pm

Thanks for the replies!
Ems I didn't even know you could get size 3s! Yes the washing is crazy, I do about 3 loads a day and couldn't manage a cloth nappy wash more than one every other day so we are balancing cloth & disposables. Both my boys were in cloth full time but 5year old was potty trained in time for 2year old coming along. Now since having our little girl I would be washing everyday to have them both in full time cloth!

Such a shame that so many of the nappy's elastics have gone, will check out little lambs.. I remember they used to come up a bit small? There just seems to be so many new makes of nappies nowadays & I can't even remember what some of mine are called! Our little soon to be 2 year old is still in mostly fuzzis and I have 3 smartipants pockets which fit him great at this age (didn't when he was younger) which I stuff with bamboo and hemp. Baby is in totsbots mainly & mother ease wraps but when she grows I won't have so many bigger nappies to accommodate my babies! Also I don't want to spend too much money.. Maybe we should get cracking on potty training! Xx

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:04 am

I only have one in cloth but my washing is out of control ! I think it's because I go to the gym everyday and izzy has some kind of sports kit most days plus all of us swim regularly. I have started airing stuff if possible like towels if the get shoved somewhere or left of the floor they get smelly and need washing but if I hang them to air they Don't! Same with clothes if they are not very dirty they don't get washed.

My avatar
Dancing mum
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Dancing mum » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:20 am

Hi :wave: welcome back!
thenappygurus.com have a deal to get 5 Little Lamb bamboo fitted nappies for £25! They have other offers on the LL pockets and other nappies too so might be worth a look?
I've got 3 Charlie Banana BTP too which I wasn't sure about to begin with but since I started using bamboo and hemp instead of the Microfibre they come with I love them. Get such a good fit with the adjustable leg elastic.
I have also been looking longingly at the GroVia nappies on the Nappy Guru site as have heard great things about them and have some gorgeous prints but I can't justify buying any more nappies at the moment!

My avatar
Dora
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Dora » Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:11 pm

I had both my two in cloth recently and thank goodness my oldest only needs a night nappy atm-the sheer amount of it was making me go spare especially with all the clothes with baby. Now thats replaced with potty training! If I had to get a stash in a hurry I'd buy tots bots all in ones and be done with it. The fit is good once past 10lb (they fit big) and they're easy to launder and...they're almost always on offer! X

My avatar
g murphy
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby g murphy » Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:12 pm

Welcome back!

My avatar
Sophiebeth23
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Sophiebeth23 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:18 pm

Welcome back x

Next

Return to Welcome Newcomers