hf1

Hello - 'old' newbie here

My avatar
tez_i
Clothie
Clothie

Hello - 'old' newbie here

Postby tez_i » Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:00 pm

Hi, I have cloth nappied all my kids - the eldest being just short of 18 now (and probably far too embarrassed to be mentioned here). My nappies have been passed along through siblings and cousins and some have seen nearly 10 years of use!!! Now, how can you compare that with disposables :wink:

So my youngest is 5, and my youngest nephew is 2 and it doesn't look like there will be any more takers for the nappies in the near future. (I am assured I'm more likely to have another myself, than any grandchildren in the near future!)

I think I've been there, and tried almost everything....
....and to be honest, in my opinion, functionally, you can't really beat old fashioned terry squares and pins. Although there are definitely better looking options out there!

So I came here to sell off the big box of washables I have in my loft - to free up some space, but maybe I can also help with some tips and hints along the way. Bearing in mind, I'm probably a little 'out of touch' with the new stuff.

I was quite impressed though, when purchasing some new terry squares for my youngest they came complete with some folding diagrams that I had drawn up 15 years earlier :giggle:
I call that flattery!

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: Hello - 'old' newbie here

Postby ems101 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:02 pm

Wow! Fabulous stuff. You're most welcome here for fun and chat, and I'm sure invaluable for advice!

My avatar
Bugglyboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Bugglyboo » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:39 pm

Welcome.

We've just switched to terry nappies for my youngest. We used them when he was younger but moved to pockets. We don't use pins though, we use nappy nippas :)

My avatar
Dancing mum
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Dancing mum » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:38 pm

Hi :wave:
Do you literally mean you were the one that drew those diagrams I have sitting with the terry nappies that I haven't been brave enough to try yet? :lookround:

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:10 pm

Hello and welcome :wave:

Return to Welcome Newcomers