hf1

Hello!

My avatar
kittiker
Clothie
Clothie

Hello!

Postby kittiker » Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:33 pm

Hi! I'm Kittiker. I'm pregnant with my first - due in May. I'm very keen to cloth nappy when the baby gets here but I'm overwhelmed at the moment with all the options. Must not buy anything until I see the size of the baby's bum!! Glad to be here.

My avatar
clothsister
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Hello!

Postby clothsister » Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:52 pm

Hi kittiker

Nice to see you. What an exciting time for you! :)

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:24 pm

Hi and welcome @kittiker :wave: :widesmile:

kittiker wrote:Must not buy anything until I see the size of the baby's bum!!

Not true pregnancy is a great time to build up your stash before you go on maternity leave! Lots of us build a stash while still pregnant, the trick is to never never buy a big set of any one type becuase if they dont' work for you you are stuck with lots of nappies that don't work for you! What I did both times when stash building for a new born was to get a big selection of lots of different types to see what I liked best and what suited their shapes when they arrived!

Have a look at some of the newborn threads to see what are available! Here is a link to the newborn reviews:
viewforum.php?f=47

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:27 am

Welcome! Does your council do a trial kit or maybe there is a nappy library near you?

My avatar
kittiker
Clothie
Clothie

Postby kittiker » Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:11 pm

Hi guys

Thanks for your warm welcome. Unfortunately I live out in the sticks and there isn't anything like cloth nappy libraries or groups round here. I think the nearest one's about 2 hours away!

Clothmama, I'm nervous about making rash purchases whilst my hormones are flying! I got a few preloved Bambino mios at a bargain price a couple of weeks ago. I know quite a lot of people don't get on with them but they were super cheap so I'll give them a go with one of the folds Nappy Lady recommends. I'm thinking about muslins and terries to get started with so I might get some of those before B-day.

Return to Welcome Newcomers