Hi Eco friendly mamas!

My avatar
Ambitiousturtle24
Clothie
Clothie

Hi Eco friendly mamas!

Postby Ambitiousturtle24 » Mon May 25, 2015 2:51 am

Hi,
My name is Fi, 26 from Bolton Manchester. We have a bonnie bouncy 2.5yr old lg called Abbie and her baby sister Ava is due 30.10.15. We used disposables with our eldest as ftp we didn't know a thing about cloth. We were also advised AGAINST cloth by our HV because she felt as I am physically disabled and use an electric wheelchair that'd be impractical for our circumstances. Back then I agreed but I never got the opportunity to look into it myself and make my own judgement on whether I could cope. Disposables we've had no end of problems with, near constant nappy rash and with a lg like ours with very sensitive eczema I so wish we'd of used or tried cloth at least. Now she's potty training I don't see the point in switching her now, but to hopefully avoid the same nightmare skin wise when Ava's here I want to go cloth from asap!
With our circumstances and my limited mobility I intend to go with pocket nappies with Velcro fastenings only as I find poppers impossible. So this is the beginning of the cloth nappy journey for us and I can't wait to start building a good stash :) Any advise I will find very valuable

My avatar
The Tree Fairy
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict
Site Supporter

Hi Eco friendly mamas!

Postby The Tree Fairy » Mon May 25, 2015 4:15 am

Hi Ambitiousturtle24. Welcome to Cloth Nappy Tree :wave:

I hope you enjoy using the site - there are plenty of areas to explore, if you can't find something or have any questions just ask, everyone is friendly and helpful :-D

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: Hi Eco friendly mamas!

Postby ems101 » Mon May 25, 2015 8:59 am

Welcome! I think it's well worth giving cloth a try, it's not harder than normal laundry! There are plenty if brands to try, maybe see if there is nappy library near you?

My avatar
Dancing mum
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Dancing mum » Mon May 25, 2015 9:27 am

Hi :wave:
Congratulations on baby no 2... Very exciting :yahoo:
The main thing I'd say is buy a range of different makes to begin with so you can see which make fits your buba best.
I love pocket nappies but maybe if your mobility problems mean you find poppers difficult it might be worth looking at nappies where the inserts snap in rather than stuff? Stuffing nappies can sometimes be fiddly and though poppers are hard for you if it's for the insert you often only have 2 to do and you can do this in advance and so could push against floor or something to snap into place. I find Grovia hybrids great and they have Velcro version.
Maybe look to see if you have a nappy library near you as seeing and testing out different versions would be good. I also found the 'nappy gurus' amazing when I first started (thenappygurus.com). If you contact them then whoever is closest to you can meet with you and go through loads of different types and brands.
Enjoying experimenting, you'll soon be hooked :giggle:

My avatar
Dancing mum
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Dancing mum » Mon May 25, 2015 9:34 am

This is what I mean, thought a pic might help?

My avatar
Kim
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Kim » Mon May 25, 2015 10:58 am

:wave:

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Mon May 25, 2015 8:27 pm

Bum genius are a good velcro pocket nappy, I live fitted nappies though little lamb Are ace velcro ones.

Hello from middleton not too far from you ! Was in Farnworth today :)

My avatar
PixieFix
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby PixieFix » Tue May 26, 2015 6:24 am

Cloth is great, nobody ever had so much fun with sposies! :hohoho: You might want to think about using fitteds with a wrap for nighttime, as they are much more reliable and last a bit longer. But you only really have to worry about that when she starts sleeping through. You can get fitteds and wraps that velcro up.

Congratulations on the little un! :yahoo:

Return to Welcome Newcomers