hf1

My avatar
AppleTree
Clothie
Clothie

Postby AppleTree » Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:40 pm

Hi,

My first baby is due in October and I'm planning on using cloth (probably flats / squares).

I just wanted to say "hello" and "thank you" to everyone who has made this forum such an informative and helpful resource, I have picked up a lot of useful information already by lurking here!

:)

My avatar
The Tree Fairy
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict
Site Supporter

Postby The Tree Fairy » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:39 pm

Hi AppleTree. Welcome to Cloth Nappy Tree :wave:

I hope you enjoy using the site - there are plenty of areas to explore, if you can't find something or have any questions just ask, everyone is friendly and helpful :-D

My avatar
AppleTree
Clothie
Clothie

Re: Newbie

Postby AppleTree » Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:04 pm

Thanks!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:17 pm

Welcome and congratulations! Great that you have chosen cloth already! Look forward to chatting and please ask as many questions as you need, I remember how overwhelming it is in the beginning.

My avatar
AppleTree
Clothie
Clothie

Postby AppleTree » Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:02 pm

Thanks!

I’m hoping to use cloth from the start. I have a handful of disposables that came free with Emma’s Diary / Bounty pack etc. that I’ll throw into my hospital bag just in case but from everything I’ve read / heard I just think that cloth sounds far preferable for baby and really not a whole lot more hassle for me, although I realise it’s all going to be new and exciting / terrifying / exhausting for me in a few weeks!

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby JabberJabber » Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:03 am

Ooh, it's lovely to have another 'Tree baby' to look forward to! You are very welcome on the site and I'm glad you have found some useful information.

I never did muslin with either child. I tried prefolds with my first but the wraps I had didn't work for us. I wish I'd know how many different sorts there were when I first started out.

I very much loved our newborn bimbles and little lambs.

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby sim » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:08 pm

:wave: Welcome and congratulations! Look forward to chatting and hearing on about your cloth journey

My avatar
AppleTree
Clothie
Clothie

Postby AppleTree » Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:26 pm

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome. :)
I'll carry on reading the forums and reviews in the hope that I can absorb some of the knowledge here before my little one arrives. :)

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby JabberJabber » Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:13 pm

@AppleTree - have you picked up any nappies as yet, or are you still considering what to get?

Next

Return to Welcome Newcomers