New here

My avatar
Ummy
Clothie
Clothie

New here

Postby Ummy » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:15 am

Hi all,

I am new here. I am a mum of 4, blessed to be pregnant with baby number 5. And since the last 2 children I want to use cloth nappies, but never been brave enough :-) to actually start using them.

With this baby I really want to use them. But just don't know where to start. There is so much information in the internet I know, but all this information is also a bit overwhelming.

So I will have a look around on this forum, and hope to get all my questions answered :-)

Thanks for having me.

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: New here

Postby Allie » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:37 am

Hello and welcome to the tree. Please feel free to ask any questions you need to :cnthug:

My avatar
Aeseldyr
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Aeseldyr » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:38 am

Welcome to the best cloth nappy community and so much more :yahoo:

My best advise for newborns is not to get set on one type/brand and by 30 of those but to start with a little bit of everything and find out what suits you and your husband :)

We thought that flats would be easy and good, but ended up with massive poop explosions and lots of leaks. I was really glad I had some other different nappies so I could figure out what was good for us and baby :thumbsup: We ended up loving fitteds and covers (PUL (waterproof fabric) and Wool ).

Please feel free to ask questions and we will do our best to answer :)

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby sim » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:52 am

Hi and welcome to the Tree!

Congratulations on baby no. 5!

Great advice not to get fixed on a single type of nappy. Get few of different types and decide what works best for you and your LO.

My preference was always for fitted nappies with wraps or wool over the top. Plenty of friendly knowledgeable people here so ask away and come and join in on the daily chat thread too. :thumbsup:

My avatar
cuppachaplz
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby cuppachaplz » Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:29 pm

Hello and welcome :wave:
Congratulations on #5 :cnthug:

Return to Welcome Newcomers