hf1

Hello from not so sunny Yorkshire

My avatar
Cadiva
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Hello from not so sunny Yorkshire

Postby Cadiva » Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:22 pm

Hello, I'm Louise, I'm 38 and am mum to James, aged nine months. He's my first child and I was a journalist for 20 years (with a one year stint in Boots in between) before having him.
Am loving being a mum and am hoping to start trying for number two in the New Year. We've just started with cloth nappies and I've so far got six as we work out which are going to be the best for us.
We're going for pockets/AIOs because we live in a flat and I have nowhere to hang washing out so everything needs to be tumble dried and then stuck on the radiators or the airer for drying.

So far I have one each of Bumgenius, Happy Heiney, Wonderoo, a Blueberry Minky, a Twinkle Lily (from Australia) and a The Pop-In. I also got a Motherease nappy and a wrap as part of my free trial from Leeds City Council but I'm not going to be going down that route until we have a house with a washing line!

My avatar
Joaninha
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Hello from not so sunny Yorkshire

Postby Joaninha » Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:25 pm

Welcome to the Tree, Louise!
Looking forward to seeing you around!!!

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:14 pm

Welcome to the tree!!

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:34 am

Welcome to the tree Louise,
I'm sure your stash of nappies will grow even faster than you initially thought possible :D . Are you looking to move into a house soon? I would say that pockets would dry a lot faster than the traditional AIO's, but AI2's are easy enough for drying time/space.

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:19 pm

Hi and welcome to the Tree. I am Annette, Mum to Charlotte and my cloth bum Ben. Sounds like you have a great collection so far and you will no doubt add to them quickly if you stick around on here. Look forward to chatting :D

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:59 pm

Hi there and welcome, i am also in not too sunny Yorkshire (west too), in Dewsbury if you know it? Hope you get on well with your cloth and hope you like the 'tree'!!

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:05 pm

Welcome to CNT! I'm from Yorkshire too :) Look forward to chatting with you!

My avatar
Cadiva
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Cadiva » Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:58 pm

I do apologies ladies, I totally forgot I'd registered on here, so thank you all for the lovely welcome and yes I know Dewsbury :) I live in Otley, little place 10 miles north west of Leeds on the border with North Yorkshire.

My avatar
cherobanne
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby cherobanne » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:01 pm

Coming a little late to this but welcome to CNT, Louise :)

Next

Return to Welcome Newcomers