hf1

Hello

My avatar
kangaj

Hello

Postby kangaj » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:18 pm

Hello everyone! I'm new to this forum, but not to cloth nappies. I live in Sheffield and I'm a full-time mum to two little ones; a boy aged 2 3/4 and a girl aged 18 months. I'm expecting my 3rd in two weeks.
I confess to joining this forum in some desperation! I've tried cloth nappies with both my children, but neither have got on with them. I was bought a birth-to-potty set from Bambino Mio (I chose them after much research, frustratingly) and used them with both children, but found that if I used them full-time their nappy areas became very sore and I had to revert to disposables for a few days. If I used them only occasionally, they would smell so bad before I had enough to justify using the washing machine, no matter what I tried (wet soaking, dry pailing, tea tree oil).
I'd really like to succeed with cloth nappies with my third as my first is only in nap and nighttime nappies and my little girl is probably too used to disposables, but I feel it's a huge waste of money having these nappies lying around, some of them unused, not to mention the guilt factor of unused cloth nappies and using disposables!
Sorry to post all this in my introduction, but I hope to be able to get some encouraging advice initially, then advise others myself, having struggled at first.
Thanks to all for reading this rather rambling post
x

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Thankyou Moderators :)

Re: Hello

Postby Allie » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:24 pm

Hello and welcome to the tree

I'm in Sheffield too :D . I'm Allie mum to Harriet aged 2 and expecting my 2nd cloth bum in July. I'm sure we'll help all we can. :D

My avatar
clairelana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby clairelana » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:27 pm

Hello and welcome.
I look forward to chatting.

x

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:15 am

Hello and welcome :idea:

Im Sadie, mum of 3, and I started off with the Bambino Mio nappies too. We got on really well with them tbh until my daughter was about 6 months old then we discovered all the other fantastic and far superior nappies out there.

There are separate sections on the board dedicated to washing nappies, which will help you get rid of the smell of wee, and to all the different nappies out there including prefolds (the Bambino Mio system) so hopefully we can give you loads of help and advice on how to get the best out of your nappies - just jump right in and post your questions :D

Looking forward to chatting!

Sadie xx

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:53 am

Welcome to the tree!

Hopefully we will be able to help you get you LO into fulltime cloth from day 1!!

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:33 pm

Hello and welcome to the tree.
You'll find a lot of advice on different nappy types on this forum. One thing to bear in mind is that each childs shape and your needs are different, so what suits one baby might be terrible for you. I hope you find something that works well for you and your LO and I'm sure we'll all advise many different types of pretty different ones to try.

My avatar
frankie_n_baby
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby frankie_n_baby » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:01 pm

Hello! I am a complete novice, but still look forward to hearing all about your cloth nappy adventures :D

My avatar
cookiegirl
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby cookiegirl » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:38 pm

:idea: Hi and welcome :idea:

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:17 pm

Hi, and welcome to the Tree :D I am Annette, I have used cloth on both mine from birth. Unfortunately charlotte is only in nappies at night now but Ben is in cloth full time. I am sure the ladies on here will help you to find the best solution for your new little one :D

Wow - 3 under 3, you will certainly have your hands full!

Next

Return to Welcome Newcomers