Hi Everybody!

My avatar
rachel
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Hi Everybody!

Postby rachel » Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:07 am

Hi,
I'm Rachel, mum to Oli (3yrs) and Evie(6 months). Didn't use cloth with Oli but got given a set of totsbots by a friend to try and have not looked back...I'm a total convert! Am quite scared at how much my new obsession is developing thought...as is my hubby!!!! After Evie outgrew the size 1's, bought a bargain of a pre-loved hamper of onelife btp. Now my hubby is wondering why I keep buying the odd additional pocket in pretty colours when I already have enough! Can't explain it to him :-?
Could anyone help me out with what to use at night tho...still use disposables then :oops: . Evie still bf's 3 times through the night and wees for england! Can't go through the day for more than 3 hours without being saturated. Have now got some swaddlebees and fuzzi's but don't know what is the best to stuff them with for night :-?
Any hints???
Nice to meet you all
Rachel :idea:

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Site Supporter

Re: Hi Everybody!

Postby Soupdragon » Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:15 am

Hello and welcome to the tree! :cnthug: I'm Nichola, mum to 11-month-old Iris.

Amongst others, we use Bumhuggers and Baby Beehinds as night nappies successfully. Though when Iris was about your DD's age and still feeding a lot at night, I did boost them with Easy Peasy hemp boosters, too. I don't use pockets overnight, as DD is too skinny for us to get enough stuffing in a pocket to last overnight without gaping leg holes that leak. Lots of people use bamboo over hemp overnight, I think.

My avatar
rachel
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rachel » Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:27 am

Soupdragon wrote: I don't use pockets overnight, as DD is too skinny for us to get enough stuffing in a pocket to last overnight without gaping leg holes that leak. .

What do you use instead of pockets??? I thought that about the stuffing, you can only put so much in before the can't move and the effectivness of the nappy is reduced.
Thanks

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:51 pm

:idea: :idea: welcome to the tree

If you have a look through the night nappy section for lots of ideas

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:22 pm

:idea: and welcome to CNT. If you want to use a pocket overnight I'd recommend Minkis. They are huge and take loads of stuffing. I usually stuff Ryan's with 2 bamboo terry squares and 1 or 2 easy peasy hemp inserts. A lot of people also use a specific fitted night nappy under wool too such as Night Notions, Upsy Daisy night nappies, bedbugs.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:34 pm

Hi and welcome
We mainly use fitted night nappies with wool at night but have one minki pocket for night which as said before hold loads of stuffing. I also use bamboo Sandys at night that I got for £5 each and they are brilliant. x

My avatar
tytyk
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby tytyk » Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:44 pm

Hello! And wellcome to tree! :idea:

My avatar
cherobanne
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby cherobanne » Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:28 pm

:idea: Hello, welcome to CNT!
I'd recommend baby beehinds and hemp/terry stuffies for night time. Haven't tried any pockets overnight so can't comment on those. Hope you find something that works well for Evie.

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Thankyou Moderators :)

Postby Allie » Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:34 pm

Hello and welcome to the tree. We mainly use fitteds with wool overnight. Main ones we use are babybufters, cherry bums and easy peasy hemp harmony which have a pocket for more stuffing.

[ Mobile Post ] Image

Next

Return to Welcome Newcomers