My avatar
Zingylemontart
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover
Une bonne tarte francaise

Hi everyone!

Postby Zingylemontart » Fri May 08, 2009 9:45 pm

Hi all

I'm Angela, and I'm in the process of finding out which nappies suit my DS, Deacon, the best. Having had a major (and expensive) disaster with Bambino Mios with my daughter (now almost 6), I'm being a tad more cautious this time. The BMs got used about five times, all leaked and left her with horrible marks. (I still have wraps in their packaging!) However, DS looks SO cute in his cloth nappies, I'm determined to give it a better go. I currently have Mothercare SmartNappy starter set (not brill - they leak), a BG V3, a Wonderoo pocket, a Swaddlebees pocket, and a TotsBots pocket. We call the TB his "superhero pants" as it has white stars on blue background, but it's the only one he's pooed in so far, and he's bf, so it all leaked out of the legs! :babyrolleyes:

Hope it's OK if I hang around here and pick your brains for the obviously HUGE knowledge of cloth nappies. :)

Angela

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: Hi everyone!

Postby Annette » Fri May 08, 2009 9:55 pm

Hi and welcome to the :cnthug: feel free to pick our brains ....... if you can find them :giggle:

I look forward to chatting :D

My avatar
cherobanne
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby cherobanne » Fri May 08, 2009 10:42 pm

Hi Angela, welcome to CNT :) You could try selling on the nappies you haven't got on with and build paypal to try others. I find bumgenius very reliable and have had no bf poo leaks so far! Hope you find the perfect nappy for Deacon soon.

[ Mobile Post ] Image

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Sat May 09, 2009 9:24 am

:idea: hi welcome to the tree

My avatar
Little Pants
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict
Site Supporter

Postby Little Pants » Sat May 09, 2009 7:29 pm

Hi and welcome! www.usednappies.co.uk is a good place for auctioning what you don't want, so you can buy some more of what you do :wink:

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Sat May 09, 2009 7:34 pm

:idea: and welcome to CNT. We didn't get on with BM's or Tots Bots either. BGs are fab though. Good luck in finding some nappies that work well for you.

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Sat May 09, 2009 8:03 pm

:idea: Welcome to the tree, of course you can pick our brains, we are a fountain of clothy knowledge here :D

My avatar
Zingylemontart
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover
Une bonne tarte francaise

Postby Zingylemontart » Sat May 09, 2009 8:28 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome, ladies!

I got my free nappy from LL today :D . Ordered the 0-9 months one, and it looks TINY! D is only 12 weeks, and weighs 16lb 15oz. I'll have to see if it fits him once it's been washed. The wrap looks kind of OK, though, so I suppose it could be that the shaped nappies are just smaller......

Need to dig out all the BM stuff and see about selling it on.

Thanks again.

Angela
x

PS: I LOVE the tree hugging emoticon!

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Allie » Sun May 10, 2009 1:11 pm

Hello and welcome to the tree :cnthug:

Next