hello

My avatar
sansukh
Clothie
Clothie

hello

Postby sansukh » Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:51 pm

Hello everyone,
I am sukhi age 39yrs and I live in Wales UK. I have two boys. One is nearly 5yrs and the other one nearly 5months old now.
I am really new to cloth nappies, only a week fully into it.
I do need a lot of advice and tips and will look forward to knowing some of you.
Thanks
xxx
sukhi

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:07 pm

Hi Sukhi, welcome to the board. It is really nice and friendly so feel free to come and ask lots of advice.

I am Annette, mum to Charlotte who has been in cloth for nearly 18 months and a new little one on the way.

Look forward to chatting more :D

My avatar
kt24
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby kt24 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:37 pm

Hi Sukhi,

Welcome to the board. It's really friendly here.

I'm Katie, mum to two cloth bottomed boys, Lachlan is nearly 2 and Zac is 4 months.

Look forward to chatting to you.

My avatar
caeganol
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby caeganol » Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:39 pm

Thanks a lot !!!
I do feel welcomed.
Yes, I am really new and have had pocket nappies so far.
I have all in one mainly bumgenius, 2 wonderoos and 4 blueberry ones.
I love blueberries but I find that the terry and hemp combo inserts make it very bulky and I feel uncomfortable for LO as well. The other inserts don't fit in them.
I need advice about making own inserts and where to buy microfibre terry cloth.
I also need advice about how you deal with dirty nappies. Mine is on formula and does sticky poo which goes every where. How to deal with this. I do find that off putting. Any advice. Don't really want too go off the cloth nappy without actually having a good go with them
Have already had my bulk pack so no going back.
The other question is were did you all get the lidded buckets,?? can't seem to be ble to get them in my local shops.
Hope that's not taking too much of your time.
xx
sukhi

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:27 pm

Hi Sukhi
I'm Rae, and have Kayleigh at nearly a year. I'm sure you'll get lots of different tips on this board, all you have to do is ask.
You can buy microfibre cloth in the cleaning section at your local supermarket (Tesco has some really cheap ones). These can be stuffed into your blueberrys (instead of their hemp combo inserts) in order to reduce the bulk. You will find that these hemp combo inserts will be fab when your LO gets older.
We used fleece liners even in our pocket nappies. They can be removed very easily from the nappy and rinsed off. We also use paper liners when Kayleigh is at nursery 2 days a week.
We got a lidded bucket when we bought the first set of nappies, so a lot of the nappy web sites sell them, however other people seem to have got their buckets from the local shops, and I'm sure they will say where.

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:27 pm

Best place to look for a bucket is somewhere like Wilkinsons or At Home or Au Naturale - they have quite large (3-4 days or nappies for us) buckets with lids, the specific nappy buckets you can get in the shops like Mothercare are uselessly small.

My avatar
caeganol
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby caeganol » Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:27 pm

the specific nappy buckets you can get in the shops like Mothercare are uselessly small.

saw some in mothercare and that is exactly what I thought.
will look for the bucket at wilkinsons. i think you are right. i remember seeing them at wilko.
Thanks
sukhi

My avatar
jules070603
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby jules070603 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:47 pm

Hi Sukhi,

Welcome to the board. I'm Juliet, mummy to Zachary almost 18 months. He's been in cloth since 10 months and we love it!!!

As far as inserts go I agree the blueberry ones will be great when LO is bigger but for now definately try some MF cloths from highstreet stores, maybe look in wilkos. The slightly bigger ones are best as they fold in three easily.

xxx

My avatar
karenandgeorgia
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby karenandgeorgia » Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:09 pm

Hi Sukhi

Welcome :D I am Karen Mummy to 3 girls, Ella 8 Sophie 5 and Georgia 18 months.

Try babeco.co.uk for fabric to make your own inserts, I agree the blueberry insert are bulkty on a little one but I find them excellent on Georgia they last a good 4 hrs :D

Next

Return to Welcome Newcomers