hf1

Hello - new cloth starting at 12 months

My avatar
clarge
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Hello - new cloth starting at 12 months

Postby clarge » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:58 pm

Hi everyone, I'm Cara 26 from the Midlands, and I have 1 DS, Dylan, who is 12 months. We started with cloth this weekend after never knowing that cloth nappies were evn available. I bought 4 as a trail and even before they arrived I went mental and spend nigh on £200!!!!! I am still awaiting delivery of my collection, but it looks a little like this....

2 x Itti Bitti D'Lish + 2 extra inserts and 2 extra mini boosters
1 x Bumgenuis 3.0
2 x Huggles
1 x NightNotions
1 x Weenotions AI2 + insert
1 x Fuzzy Bunz
1 x Wonderoo
1 x Flexi Tot
1 x Teddy
1 x Bamboozle
1 x Ellas House Hemp
1 x Motherease airflow wrap
1 x Weenotions fleece wrap
1 x Nature Babies PUL wrap
1 x Bambinex wrap
Some additional bamboo/hemp inserts and boosters.
2 x mesh bags for my bin
Weenotions wipes - also made 20 of my own!

I am so looking forward to my deliveries.... So far I have the Itti Bitti, bumgenius, flexi tot and teddy, and bambinex wrap and have been most impressed with the bumgenius... Had leaks with the teddy an itti bitti. Thinking of buying more fitteds for dyatime use, any suggestions as to good slim fit, high absorbancy ones for an active toddler?

Thanks for reading... Cara x :D

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Hello - new cloth starting at 12 months

Postby emmalala » Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:58 pm

:shock: bthats quite a stash! welcomne to the tree! :idea:

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:36 pm

:idea: Welcome to CNT. That sounds like a great stash. We only use WAHM nappies (other than our Ittis). The fitteds we use are Sweetiebums, Holdens Landing, Lucy's Hope Chest, Jimmy Riddles, Wee Notions Northern Lights and Flutterby Fluff. They're all trim fitting and absorbent, far better than any mass produced ones. :wink:

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:39 pm

Hi and welcome to the Tree. Great stash! Don't forget that you can use wool as a gorgeous, highly breathable cover for fitted nappies (longies, shorties etc....... :lol: ) It's particularly fab for nights!

Flutterby Fluff and Northern Lights are both great for days, although Flutterby Fluff haven't been available for a while. I love bamboo Baby Beehinds too, and bamboo Little Lambs are also good (and cheap!)

My avatar
emmajayne33
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby emmajayne33 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:51 pm

:idea: welcome to the tree!!! We love weenotions northern lights, they are the only fitteds we have so far, but we reallly get on with them :)

My avatar
clarge
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby clarge » Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:54 am

Thanks everyone, I will bear that in mind about the WAHM ones, I hadnt haerd of most of those so maybe that'll be the next additions. Will see how i get on with what i have and can sell on those i dont... more money to buy more LOL!

My avatar
mabo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby mabo » Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:26 am

Hello and Welcome :D

I'm Marijke, mummy to Joshua (4.5), Anna (2) and have another in the oven :wink:

Sounds like a great started stash to me - nicely varied so you can see what you like and get on with. Dont be disheartened when some nappies dont fit or leak, some nappies (like the itti) do require those pre-washes to get their absorbancy up, and Dylan might fit into them better in a few months once he is more up and about.

Look forward to hearing how you get on with the rest :lol:

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Site Supporter

Postby beck » Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:53 am

With a stash like that you'll fit right in! Welcome to the tree :idea:

My avatar
clarge
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby clarge » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:18 am

Thanks again, well we have had a bit of a leak with the itty, but i have looked on the site and i think it might be a bit big for him. He is about 22lbs so on the cusp of medium and large, he wont let me measure him so i have to guess! He is quite slim and tallish. I have ordered another itti so i might get that swapped for a medium. We are having more kids so it will get used.... I have also asked to swap all my weenotions ones to mediums as i think the larges will swamp him for some time....

I have been and bought more! Got 3 used ones, 2 cotton tots large and a lollipop pocket for £10. Also got a weenotion NL....! Somebody stop me! I need another new hobby to suppress this one, one thats free lol!

My aunt is going to knit me a soaker or two found 2 ok free patterns online. Can anyone tell me what type and how much wool i will need? Somebody suggested aran, but in what qty?

Thanks!

Next

Return to Welcome Newcomers