Hello I'm new to this site!

My avatar
Nelc30
Clothie
Clothie

Hello I'm new to this site!

Postby Nelc30 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:02 pm

Hi
My name s Helen and I have 3 boys, Tom is 5 and Freddie and Oliver are 21 months. I started using washables about 6 months ago and got Bum Genius and Itti Bitti. one of my twins has been fine in them but the other is always leaking (wee) so I'm trying to find a nappy for him, he is big for his age (most people don't realise my youngest 2 are twins O could be 2 and F could be 9 months younger)
Anyway, I hear Wee notions are good for heavy wetters but which one? Any advice would be great. I also need a night time nappy,
Thank you!
Helen

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Hello I'm new to this site!

Postby emmalala » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:04 pm

welcome to the tree! :idea:

My avatar
emmajayne33
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby emmajayne33 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:56 pm

I find fitteds are good for my DD who is a really heavy wetter, Weenotions northern lights are great - they ar e slim and super absorbent, there are other fitteds out there that are supposed to be great too, but I'm afraid I haven't tried them and don't know alot about them..

Ladies on here are fab, ask away and someone somewhere will have the answer :)

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Site Supporter

Postby Soupdragon » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:36 pm

Hello and welcome to the tree! :cnthug: I'm Nichola, mum to 13-month-old Iris. We use pockets and fitteds. Iris is going through a heavy wetting stage at the moment, so we're liking our WN NL and other bamboo velour fitted nappies - there are some UK WAHMs out there that make them, or you can have a look for preloved on the classified section of the site. Look forwards to chatting. :)

My avatar
cherobanne
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby cherobanne » Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:42 pm

Hi Helen, welcome to CNT! I'd probably try a fitted and separate wrap - WNNLs are good :)

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:41 pm

Hi Helen and welcome to the Tree. I think if your ds is a heavy wetter, perhaps look at fitteds rather than pockets. It might just be that he is changing shape though - with the BGs do you need to adjust the poppering or are they are their largest setting. Or perhaps you just need to add more stuffing - what do you use in them?

For night times, there are lots of suggestions on the night nappy board, have a look, most people will recommend Minki pockets or Stuffies or Huggles.

Hope you solve the problem

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Thankyou Moderators :)

Postby Allie » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:09 pm

Hello and welcome to the tree. I'd also suggest looking into fitteds, I could never get on with pockets for Harriet as she was a very heavy wetter :D

My avatar
tytyk
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby tytyk » Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:20 pm

Hello Helen! And wellcome to CNT :idea:

My avatar
Nelc30
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Nelc30 » Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:59 am

Hello everyone many thanks for your warm welcome and great advice, I was losing heart but we have had 2 good days with the BG. Will look into night time nappy suggestions too.
Thanks again
Hx

Next

Return to Welcome Newcomers