hf1

Hi

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Hi

Postby Mareth » Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:20 am

Hi Everyone. My name's Mareth, I'm 27, from the UK but living in Ireland. My little boy, Rhys, is 8 weeks today (God has it really been that long!?). We started using cloth on him from day 2 (when we got him home from hospital) and we love them. We bought a B2P pack of bamboozles, and recently topped up with a few cotton bottoms.

We've, very unfortunately, recently had to go back to disposables temporarily. My son was born with talipes (clubfoot) and currently has casts on both legs, and our lovely cloth won't fit between the casts. So the last 2 weeks have been horrible horrible disposables and the next 2 weeks will be also. Can't wait for him to get out of the casts so we can get back to cloth. So much for disposables staying dry longer, Rhys hates the feel of them and as soon as they're even slightly wet he wants out :( Ah well not long left with them.

Must say that altho I'm over the moon with the nappies we have I'm very tempted by the gorgeous nappies I've seen here and elsewhere. But I will resist! LOL

Does anyone have any suggestions of where I can get some beautiful coloured wraps, at the moment I have mostly just white, with a few patterned ones and one spotty tots wrap but would love some that are a bit more bling!

Well that's my introduction, the little one just started moaning so best go and check what's up.

Mareth

My avatar
caeganol
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby caeganol » Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:02 am

Hello Mareth,
welcome to the forum.
Congratulations on the birth of Rhys but really sorry about the club foot. As you say hopefully will be back on track.

I am sukhi mum to two boys. My OO is nearly 5yrs however my LO is 5&1/2 months and in cloth for the last 4-6 weeks now. We love the cloth nappies apart from recently having some leak problems.
Will post a link about the wraps.
xxxxxxxxxx

My avatar
caeganol
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby caeganol » Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:03 am

The links as promised.
xxxxxxx

twinkleontheweb.co.uk for rikkis, nature babies and stacinator
weenotions.co.uk for their own wraps
puddlepants.co.uk for couche cover

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:08 am

Hi and welcome!

I was going to suggest wee notions for wraps too (they have some stunning stuff and you can get things personalised too if you want!)

again Nature babies have some nice ones (I especially like the denim one for boys!) although imo the nature babies aren't a good overnight wrap!

Here's hoping the casts do their job :D and happy shopping :wink:

jan x

My avatar
kt24
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby kt24 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:11 am

Hi Mareth,

Welcome. This is a fab and friendly board. Watch out though we are all very bad influences when it comes to nappy shopping! :lol:

I'm Katie. Mum to Lachlan 2 last week and Zachary who is 5 1/2 months. They both wear cloth full time.

Get yourself some weenotions wraps to celebrate the end of the disposables they are so lovely.

Looking forward to chatting with you.

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:24 pm

Hello Mareth,
I am Shevi!
hope to hear more from you! and be careful checking out the weenotions site....it is very difficult not to buy more than you intended!

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:43 pm

Hiya, welcome to the site. I am Nicola, mummy to Emma now 7 and Evie my cloth bum who turned 2 in Sept.

We use cloth full time and love wool overnight too. I 2nd weenotions wraps. I have 2 of their PUL wraps and they are fab. Great colours and prints too. Beware though of browsing their site too much, as you may find your stash increases as there really is soooo many stunning things on their site :D

Hope you enjoy the site. Look forward to seeing lots of your posts. Just get stuck in wherever you like as we are all very friendly and helpful :)

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:36 pm

Hi Mareth, and a big welcome to you and Rhys!! :D :D

Poor little chap having to have the casts in the first place with the added awfulness of having to be in dispos too :( :D Lets hope the next 2 weeks fly by for you and him.

I'm mummy to Josh who is 6 and Louis nearly 18 months. Nice to have another 'little' baby on the board too! Look forward to chatting with you!

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:45 pm

Thanks for the welcome, the links and the good wishes.

Having a nose around some of the sites now :oops: if my other half catches me I'll be in trouble LOL we have more than enough nappies, especially considering we're not even using them at the minute!

Next

Return to Welcome Newcomers