Clueless newbie

My avatar
elkiedee
Clothie
Clothie

Clueless newbie

Postby elkiedee » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:30 pm

Hi all

I live in London and have two sons age 2 and 6 months - I'm planning to use cloth nappies with my younger child. I'm potty training older one and have just bought some washable trainer pants - I don't know whether most of what's available on the market will be big enough for him as he's huge for his age.

I was recently given some via Freecycle which are medium sized, I think, rather than newborn, though I'm not totally sure how to tell. I'm looking for some advice on how to use them starting with which bit is which?

Luci

My avatar
treedelivery
Clothie
Clothie

Re: Clueless newbie

Postby treedelivery » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:35 pm

:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

There will be loads of advice coming your way! :D

are you looking for advice about both of them or the second? Lovely to 'see' you. x

My avatar
muttley
Clothie
Clothie

Postby muttley » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:38 am

Hi Luci :)

What nappies do you have for the younger one? Then we may be able to work out what size they are! And unless your 6month old is as small as my oldest was at 6mos? Newborn will not fit LOL.

My avatar
emmajayne33
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby emmajayne33 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:11 am

:idea: Welcome!

My avatar
Joaninha
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Joaninha » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:17 am

Welcome!

And didn't Socrates said that being aware of your ignorance is the beginning of wisdom? You are well started :wink:
Maybe you can post pics of your stash, and we can help you figure them out? :cnthug:

My avatar
rachel
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rachel » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:36 am

Hi and welcome, this is definately the place to find the answers to all your cloth questions! :idea:

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby JabberJabber » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:21 pm

Hi Luci, nice to see new people on the tree . I am sure you will get lots of advice, just keep asking the questions and people will happily help.

Kate x

My avatar
frankie_n_baby
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby frankie_n_baby » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:00 pm

Hello! A year ago I didn't have a clue about anything cloth-related but found so much help on here- you'll have everything sorted in no time. :wink:

My avatar
elkiedee
Clothie
Clothie

Postby elkiedee » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:15 pm

Thanks everyone so far for your responses to my garbled post.

I'm really looking for help with the younger one, as the products we still need for a 2 year old don't seem as mysterious. I was told that the nappies I'd been given are bigger than newborn size, as many of the replies that the giver had received on Freecycle were from people who hadn't had their babies yet.

Most of the nappies are from Green Baby, and there are about 6 wraps, several of which are from Motherease. I've put them back upstairs and am breasfeeding baby at the computer and hoping he'll go to sleep so can't go to check.

Next

Return to Welcome Newcomers