hf1

Hello from sjb2711!!!

My avatar
sjb2711
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Hello from sjb2711!!!

Postby sjb2711 » Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:01 pm

Hello just a note from a newbie to the forum!

I am Mum of 2 boys. My eldest is 3 and a half years and my youngest is 6 months old.

I use Motherease prefold (one-size) nappies with airflow wraps. I've found them to be very reliable and easy to use!

My eldest still needs a nappy at night and having wanted to use something that was similar to a pull-up, I went for a Minki pocket nappy. I've mixed success and have resorted to putting the large air-flow wraps over the top to try and prevent leakage.

Thank you for reading my post!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:20 pm

big hello and welcome to you! I'm Tory mum to Josh 6 and Louis 18 months.

What a shame you aren't getting on with your night nappies for your eldest. I'm presuming that he is wetting quite heavily at night? A lot of success with pockets is what you are stuffing them with - what do you normally use?

Airflow wraps as boring as they are are THE bombproof wrap aren't they!!?? I only used them until about the 6 month mark when I started on the slippery slope of pocket nappies which are much easier on a wiggly baby!!!

Look forward to chatting with you - just jump right in all the girls are very friendly on here!

My avatar
jules070603
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby jules070603 » Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:34 pm

Hi SJB - what's y0ur 'real' name?

I'm Juliet (Jules) mummy t0 Zach wh0 has been in cl0th since 10 m0nths.

I've g0t a few bamb00 ME0S and l0ve them, especially f0r nights. Y0u'll get s0me g00d advice 0n here f0r y0ur 0lder b0y at night.

It's a l0vely f0rum, I think y0u'll enj0y it. :D

My avatar
ericaj1
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby ericaj1 » Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:19 pm

Hi,

I'm Erica mum to Jack 2 and 3 much older children. Looking forward to chatting.

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:10 am

Hello there and welcome. I'm Rae, and have a daughter Kayleigh (1 year). Look forward to chatting about nappies and anything else.

My avatar
sjb2711
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Thank you!

Postby sjb2711 » Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:46 pm

Thank you for welcoming me on board! My name's Sarah by the way! I'll need to work out how to do a funky signature - this is all new to me - forums that is!!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:57 pm

I noticed somewhere else that you posted that you have been stuffing the night nappies with cotton. My first suggestion would be to get some hemp inserts (easy peasy ones are only £2 or something) and some cheap microfibre cloths (cleaning aisle in tescos etc!!). These are both MUCH more absorbent than cotton so for the same thickness your nappy will be able to cope with A LOT more overnight wee!! Need to always have cotton or mf on top of hemp though as its slow absorbing even though its very absorbant if that makes sense!!??

HTHS (hope that helps!!)

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:29 am

Hiya, welcome to the board. I am Annette, mum to Charlotte and a little one on the way.

Look forward to chatting more soon.

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby beck » Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:20 am

Hi Sarah

Big welcome to the site, its great here :D I'm Beck mum to Hannah (4yrs) and Phebie (15months) and a little boy who's on his way (39days 2go)

Look forward to chatting more soon :D

Return to Welcome Newcomers