Hello......

My avatar
cath73
Clothie
Clothie

Hello......

Postby cath73 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:37 pm

Hi,
I am 35 weeks pg with my first baby and really want to use cloth nappies. I do not have a tumble dryer, and my house is quite small, so drying time is fairly important. I have done so much research and am getting more and more confused!! Microfibre seemed like the obvious choice, but am beginning to think that maybe bamboo performs better.........just will need to have more to cope with drying time. am I being realistic? Does anyone have any recommendations?
C x

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: Hello......

Postby megansmummy » Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:40 pm

Welcome to the tree!! :idea:

Congrats on your bump! :wine:

Bamboo is more absorbant but your right its slower to dry, 99% of our nappies are bamboo :) Little lambs bamboo are a great little nappy and pretty cheap too :) i love them on my little boy :)

My avatar
cath73
Clothie
Clothie

Postby cath73 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:52 pm

Hi Megansmummy,
Thankyou for your quick reply. I have looked at littlelambs.......how long do they take to dry and are they good pre-loved? Have also heard that the LL wraps are not great, someone has recommended motherease wraps instead. What do you use?

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:42 pm

Hi Cath and welcome :idea:

I don't have a tumble drier - I find that it works for me to make sure I have plenty of nappies to ensure I have enough for a couple of days and then a couple of days while they are drying. My dh has hooked up one of these http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/p ... 418554.htm in our study which will easy take a full load of nappies.

I wouldn't get all of one fabric - microfibre I find bulky and not terribly absorbent, bamboo is slimmer, nicer but does take longer to dry, hemp can be bit stiff and cotton is somewhere between microfibre and bamboo. See here for a good post on nappy fabrics to help viewtopic.php?f=23&t=15576

I used Little Lambs wraps and really liked them, but Motherease wraps are really really good, totally bombproof, just not the cutest designs.

Look forward to chatting and getting to know you :D

My avatar
Diner
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Diner » Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:26 am

Welcome! I have found pockets dry the quickest as you can take them apart. I hope that you come to some conclusions soon, I remember feeling quite overwhelmed by all the choices available when I started!

My avatar
emmajayne33
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby emmajayne33 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:37 am

:idea: Welcome :)

My avatar
cath73
Clothie
Clothie

Postby cath73 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:10 am

Thankyou ladies for your warm welcome and advice.........
Annette, love the airer.....would be perfect for our downstairs loo!! Am thinking a mixture of bamboo, cotton and microfibre at the moment. Just need to work out how many I would need!
Hi diner....I have not really looked into pockets as thought they were not as reliable? Found it less overwhelming if I stuck to 1 type!! Will have a little look at that type too.
Not planning to use till baby is a few weeks old so have some time to do more research. This site is fab.......can see myself browsing for hours :wink:

My avatar
vickylum
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby vickylum » Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:33 pm

Hiya welcome to cnt :idea:

My avatar
victoriaw
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby victoriaw » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:03 pm

Hi :idea:
For quick drying, I would definitely recommend pockets, mine are always dry within a couple of hours. The inserts will take a bit longer, but if you have a few extra inserts you could get away with fewer nappies too.

Next

Return to Welcome Newcomers