hf1

totally new and totally confused!

My avatar
mineemo
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

totally new and totally confused!

Postby mineemo » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:26 am

Hi all my names Natalie, and well i am totally new to this whole cloth nappy thing, i been there done that with disposables with my daughter whos now 4 and been out of nappies about 2 yrs, but im using them again with my son whos 4 months today.
Anyway i know a couple of the woman on here ( yes hello vamps n fluffy xxx) and am slightly intrigued as to how i would go about gettin into maybe using them.
iv never even looked into it b4 so be gentle with me when i say how do they work, how do use them and anythin else u think i need to know. I am on an extremely tight budget as am a sah single mum to my kids for now anyway and so am on very very limited refunds but would like to have a go if can.
any help much appreciated as am a little thick when it comes to these as said never looked into them b4. Thanks x

My avatar
vampiredreams
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: totally new and totally confused!

Postby vampiredreams » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:14 pm

:shock: what are you doing here STALKER :gaah: :gaah: :gaah:

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:21 pm

The classifeds it a great (but evil for bank accounts if you buy too much!) place to get cheaper nappies.

Most cloth nappies work the same as a disp. some come in two parts (the bit thats absorbs and a outter waterproof cover, that's an All in two or AI2), some are all sewn togerther (an All in one or AIO), there's also pockets, which are like an AIO in the way that they don't need a waterproof cover (there's one built in) but they have an opening on the inside so you can 'stuff' them with boosters. Boosters are just extra bits of fabric that make nappies more absorbant.

There's other stuff too (wool, fleece, types of fabric for the nappies) but hope that helps for starters! There's a lot of WAHMs here so they'll be able to answer better probably :)

And I'm a Single SAHM too :) So i know how you feel money wise! :hug:

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:52 pm

Hi and welcome Natalie. As you are on a limited budget I think cloth is definately a great idea, it can save loads of money (just try not to be tempted too much by some of the lovely ladies on here showing links to lovely nappies!). I look forward to chatting and finding out about your venture into cloth.

As Stacey said, have a look around the classifieds and take the plunge with a few nappies to begin with to see what you like. There are so many different ones, perhaps try a fitted with a wrap and a pocket and see which you prefer. Then you just need a bucket to keep dirty ones in and give it a whirl. Any questions just come and ask.

My avatar
VICKERSHOUSE
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby VICKERSHOUSE » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:55 pm

:idea: Hi Natalie and welcome

Don't feel put off by all the jargon, we were all in your shoes in the beginning :giggle:

Real nappies can be very economical but if you become an addict and want to try out anything and everything your bank balance will regret it :lol:

Nancy

My avatar
vampiredreams
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby vampiredreams » Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:32 pm

You know when you come to stay with me in October I am going to have you addicted!!! I'll have Tyler in cloth all the time hehe and I am happy to do all the washing of them too!!!! what a way to test before you buy!!!

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fluffycabbage » Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:33 pm

wooooooooooooo!!!! yay youre here!!!! :hohoho: :hug:

My avatar
emmajayne33
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby emmajayne33 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:02 pm

Welcome to the tree!!!!! The ladies here are lovely, so any questions about particular nappies just fire away!

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:34 am

Hello and welcome to the tree :cnthug:

Im Sadie, mum of 3, dd is no longer a clothie but I still hang about :giggle:

Look forward to chatting

Next

Return to Welcome Newcomers