hf1

totally new and totally confused!

My avatar
smilinglou
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: totally new and totally confused!

Postby smilinglou » Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:22 pm

the feeling i get is that it is confusing, i bought a few nappies that have the wraps and nippa nappas if thats the right spelling and then you need different size wraps and nappies (argh) and they never look as nice as the all in ones or pockets, so i have been focusing on those, although all in ones take longer to dry i think they will just be easier, although i dont use them yet, but everyone is different and i think if you have the money to buy a birth to potty set then it would come with everything you need such as the wraps, things to stick em together etc, whereas we dont have those funds so we end up buying bits here and there and it gets confusing so it is easier to get AIO's/Pockets for us, some people use the ones that you have to fold up and arent shaped (not that there is anything wrong with them) but i think many people assume that all cloth nappies mean those, i think sadly that puts people off, a lot of people assume clothing means the 'hassle' of folding, so the more people who realise there is a wider range out there the better, things have moved on since the good old days of stabbing babies with pins and excessive folding/leaking etc lol
i was put off by having to buy different sizes too until i found out about birth to potty meaning one nappy that you can adjust to different sizes as the baby grows, so i try to search for birth to potty aio's or pockets

try one of each type and see what works best for you and your family, everyone is different and every system is so different you never know until you try it
good luck

My avatar
fimc
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby fimc » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:36 am

Hello and welcome :idea:

I hope you're gradually getting less confused. It bamboozled me at first, but now I've got to grips with it I love it. Money wised it's been pretty easy on us as we were given the first lot of flat nappies by friends who no longer needed them, and now I've got one-sizes which will do us until potty training from a freecycler. So the only money I've spent has been on some lovely wraps, which I am excited about getting soon. It has saved us SO much already! And I'm quite addicted. It's all good :wink:

My avatar
alwaysagirly
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby alwaysagirly » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:20 am

:idea:

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby twinkletot » Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:05 pm

:idea: and welcome to the tree

My avatar
Cyrillia
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Cyrillia » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:40 pm

Hiya! :idea:

I remember being totally confused in the beginning - and I still am sometimes, especially when it comes to all the abbreviations! You'd be amazed how quick you'll pick it all up though, and before you know it you'll being wondering why you didn't bother before now. :D

Sarah
x

My avatar
Little Pants
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Little Pants » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:49 pm

:idea: :idea: :idea:

Hope you're getting your head around it all by now!

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:25 pm

:idea: hi and welcome, you will get tons of advice here and be converted in no time. x

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:04 am

:idea: Welcome to the tree. :cnthug:

Previous

Return to Welcome Newcomers