hf1

Hello

My avatar
clothpenguin
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby clothpenguin » Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:16 am

What a lovely welcome :) Nice to see so many familiar faces but also to meet new people. VERY excited to meet another cloth bumming twin mummy! and also very excited about twins, but still terrified,and yes, they seem to weigh a ton! SPD does not help on that front. Lets hope they do weigh a ton when they arrive, nothing would make me happier than not getting much use out of my teeny tiny nappies (strange to say!).

Thinking of cloth botties, I don't see how anyone could afford not to cloth bum more than one at a time but am nervous +++ about extra work at a time when I will be :shock: :lol: :cry: :shock: :? I would dearly love to breastfeed too which no doubt would be hard work. Anyway, looking forward to chatting to you all. :D

CP +Beans

My avatar
karenandgeorgia
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby karenandgeorgia » Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:10 am

Hi, welcome to the nappy tree :D Sure you'll love it here, we are a great bunch :wink:

I'm Karen, mummy to Ella 8, Sophie 5 and Georgia 20 months :D Looking forward to getting to know you better and chatting :D

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:35 am

clothpenguin wrote:Thinking of cloth botties, I don't see how anyone could afford not to cloth bum more than one at a time but am nervous +++ about extra work at a time when I will be :shock: :lol: :cry: :shock: :? I would dearly love to breastfeed too which no doubt would be hard work. Anyway, looking forward to chatting to you all. :D

CP +Beans

you know, it is certainly not impossible. I introduced cloth to a lady at an antenatal class and she went on to have twins which she was still breast feeding at 3 months (haven't seen her since so I don't know how far she got). She struggled with the nappies at first because of size but as soon as one of them was big enough for the nappies she had bought she had them in those too. I was well impressed but she said it was all in the frame of mind - she just said she was going to do it and didn't doubt herself (even though others thought she was mad :D ) So you never know.

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:34 pm

I have seen 3 sets of twins over the last couple of years at toddler groups (don't know them well but enough to say hi) none have been clothed bummed, but I think all 3 were bf for between 6 months and a year.

However knowing what I went through with just 1, it takes willing babies and helpful midwives. Looking back we got off to a very bad start - I don't think I even got to hold Ben in that first hour that all the books tell you about let alone try to feed him due to needles etc being put in him. I think also as soon as when I expressed I couldn't match what he was drinking in his formula top ups I lost heart and thought it would never work and the baby was the focus for everyone and needless to say I wasn't calm relaxed, well fed just an emotional and exhausted wreck.

Things just don't always go to plan, I had planned to breastfeed him for as long as possible - ie a year, not as short as I did and any child of mine was never going to have a dummy. However cloth did work out for us.

These babies are too precious to worry about the short term things we either have control over we can just try our best with what we are given!

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:37 pm

Hello and a big welcome. I am Nicola, mum to Emma (7) and Evie my cloth bum who turned 2 in Sept.

Looking forward to getting to know you more and also congrats on your twin pregnancy too :D

My avatar
jules070603
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby jules070603 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:55 pm

Hi there.

An0ther 0ne wh0 rec0gnises y0u fr0m BC alth0ugh I d0n't p0st 0n there much n0w.

C0ngrats 0n the twin pregnancy, I'm mummy t0 Zach wh0 has been cl0th bummed since he was 10 m0nths 0ld.

My avatar
clothpenguin
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby clothpenguin » Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:29 pm

Thanks all, its really very friendly here!

Annette, thanks for your positive thoughts, I am so sorry you had such a hard time when your pickle was born but as you say time is too precious to stress, I will try and remind myself of this.

Mr CP is 100% supportive of both endevours (cloth and breastfeeding) so I will keep fingers and toes crossed. I have been in touch with La Leche league here as well as having a great deal of cloth nappy support online, so I hope we will have a good start. I know what you mean about willing babies Annette, I have been assuming these little ones will be premature (but not too much I hope) so I hope I am being realistic in understanding how its going to be a learning curve for all four of us.

CP + Beans

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Site Supporter

Postby beck » Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:11 pm

Hi there!

I'm Beck mum to Hannah 4 and Phebie 16months and a little boy due in 22days :D As you've seen its lovely and everyone is really friendly here, looking forward to getting to know you more and congratulations on your twins :D

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:40 pm

helllooo CP!
i am Hollly from BC, lovely to see you here, everyone is wonderful, and from previous threads you will have no shortage of people to chat about cloth (duh!!) SPD, twins, small babies, bigger than expected babies, breastfeeding, formula feeding, intending one and then doing the other! complications of various types...in fact anytrhing!!!
i think in general we have quite varied conversations for a cloth forum!!
anyway, i have come back and forth from this message about 8 times so far in about an hour and a half, so it may be time to just send it before the pohgone rings or a child shouts again!!!!
Shevi

PreviousNext

Return to Welcome Newcomers