hf1

LATE STARTER

My avatar
Late Liz
Clothie
Clothie

LATE STARTER

Postby Late Liz » Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:39 am

Hi, As you can already guess from my user name i have only just realised how easy and pretty real nappies are. I have a 16 month old son who has always been in disposables but have now converted to real nappies. I have chosen pocket nappies and have 8 at the moment, all of different makes. I cant wait to get them washed and start using them. Any advise would be welcomed ladies. Thank you.

My avatar
Vicki
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: LATE STARTER

Postby Vicki » Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:46 am

welcome late liz!

ooh 8 to try - exciting! Love having new nappies! :giggle:

With pocket nappies the best thing to remember is that not to use too much washing powder as it will build up in the inner pocket and then repel wee, causing them to leak - if this does happen, then simply wash them without detergent to clean it out. Don't soak them either as will deteriorate the PUL.

Whether you use liners or not really depends on the poo! If still very soft, then would use paper or fleece liners. Bottom spray is nice, but you can use a nice solution on your washable wipes for the same effect and mucho cheaper.

If your pocket doesn't last the night then get a fleece soaker to put over the top - a quick & easy solution for nightitme without any extra expense. If you over stuff your pockets for nighttime they will gape at the legs and leak.

Store them in a wetbag when out rather than in nappy sacks - you could probably use an extra large wet bag rather than a bucket tbh too as you don't need the bucket to soak.

Let us know how you get on with them all!

Welcome to the nappy addiction society!

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:32 am

i was a late starter too, have 4 boys and only started using cloth when youngest son was 5 months :oops:
but hey, better late than never!
Welcome to the tree :cnthug:

My avatar
Cyrillia
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Cyrillia » Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:18 pm

Hi Liz, you'll soon be totally addicted I'm sure - I am! :D

:idea: :cnthug:

Sarah
x

My avatar
emmajayne33
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby emmajayne33 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:16 pm

Welcome to CNT!

My avatar
Pinchette
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Pinchette » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:20 pm

Welcome to the board, it's never too late to start. I started when my dd was 13 months. I also started with 7 nappies of different made and then decided on which ones to buy more of....although there are so many lovely brands that I didn't often buy more than 2 of the same.

My avatar
Late Liz
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Late Liz » Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:31 pm

Thank you all for your lovely replies, We are planning on another child so i will carry on using them on that one. I have bought one size pocket nappies so hope i will be able to get on with them. I never thought i would see the day when i would be excited about nappies. lol. Just one more quick question, why should i not use a nappy sack when i am out if a nappy gets soiled?? Thank you again ladies. Liz

My avatar
Vicki
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Vicki » Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:52 pm

I would use a monkeyfoot wet bag (but I am biased lol) :wink:

My avatar
VICKERSHOUSE
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby VICKERSHOUSE » Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:49 pm

Hi and welcome.

Have lots of fun trying out nappies - don't forget to try fitted nappies as well - they are great if you fancy a change from pockets. I use BOTH :giggle:

Next

Return to Welcome Newcomers