Introducing myself

My avatar
madcatlady
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Introducing myself

Postby madcatlady » Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:34 pm

Hi there :)

I'm Jules, mum to 3 lovely boys (12yo/9yo/17mo) and a lovely step daughter (7yo)
I love my children, and my cats, cloth nappys of course, I am an avid knitter - although my OH would say "obsessive" and when I get the time I also like to potter about in the garden, or read a book.

I am a SaHM and if goes all well over the next few months I will also be a WaHM, something I'm very excited about as it means I will be able to stay at home with with my youngest son (Edward) indefinately - a true luxury in modern times :)

I tried cloth back when my eldest (Jake) was newborn and, believe me, 12 years ago the ultra modern shaped nappys were not a patch on todays wonderful WaHM creations!

I've tried many, many nappys on Edward.
From MEOS, bimbles, and fluffles with PUL covers when he was newborn; to our current stash of Sandys and Jimmy-Riddles fitteds with wool longies, and a couple of WeeNotions and Lovebums PUL covers.
I am a firm fan of wool covers and even use them for night time - thanks to Seahorse Slacks and her wonderful boosted shorties which gave me the confidence to take that leap of faith and just "go for it"
I've never looked back and Edwards bottom has never been so peachy.

I joined this forum as I love chatting to other mums about cloth, and reading about what everyone thinks of various related issues.
I also like having places I can come to ask questions when I can't figure out then answer to a problem - like the dreaded nappy rash when it occurs, and be able to get advice from lots of mums.

What I like most of all is that communities like this give so much scope for that all important "mum to mum" support.

I hope that over time my thoughts, opinions, and additions to topics will help other people here too :)

Pleased to meet you!

Julie ~ the mad cat lady

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Site Supporter

Postby beck » Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:39 pm

Hi Julie

I'm Beck mum to Hannah 4yrs, Phebie 17mths (Phebie and edward must be close, her birthday is 27/7) and little William 2wks :D

I'm a SAHM too and love it, although some times.......... :lol: Look forward to getting to know you more and seeing some of your creations :D

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:29 pm

Hello there Jules, that's quite an introduction :D
Welcome to this board, and I look forward to chatting. Good luck in making the change fromSAHM to WAHM.
I'm Rae, and have 14 month old Kayleigh. We have tried to limit out cloth purchases, but that's not working as well as planned.

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:32 pm

hello!!!!

fancy 'meeting' you here!!!

chat soon hun!

jan x

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby babyroo » Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:38 pm

Hi julie, welcome to CNT, look forward to chatting :D

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:33 pm

Hiya and welcome to here hun. It's a fab place and i am sure you will love it here.....get stuck right in and post everywhere!!!! :lol: :lol:

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:56 pm

Hi Julie and welcome - I think you will find a few cat and cloth lovers on here :lol:

Look forward to chatting more with you soon.

My avatar
karenandgeorgia
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby karenandgeorgia » Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:38 pm

Hi and welcome to the cloth nappy tree, looking forward to chatting :D

My avatar
madcatlady
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby madcatlady » Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:04 pm

Thanks all for the welcomes :D