hf1

Introducing myself

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:25 pm

Hi I am Annette, new mum to Ben and childminder to lots (but on maternity leave for just a little longer :lol: )

Knitting is a catching thing on this board too! I have just picked up needles after years :lol:

My avatar
madcatlady
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby madcatlady » Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:56 pm

Hi Annette :D

Wow, well done for taking maternity leave - my last childminder took two weeks off after having her 2nd child and it all caught up with her after a few months!
Knitting is a very addictive thing isn't it, I've been at it solidly since being pg with Edward and I start twitching if I have to put the needles away lol

What WIP do you have atm?

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:01 pm

hello Julie!
I am Shevi...usually on here quite a lot, but currently i have a rather unwell pc and am mad busy with other things too...so i am not on here as often as i like to me,...but i'm sure i be back when things settle down a little!!!

Charliemum- A Boy!!! Lovely! they are really nice!!

My avatar
jules070603
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby jules070603 » Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:42 pm

Hi Jules,

I'm als0 a Jules. Mummy t0 Zachary wh0 has been cl0th bummed since 10 m0nths. I l0ve WAHM creati0ns t00.

I have just started knitting alth0ugh haven't d0ne much recently what with Christmas and mad Spring cleaning. I am knitting a scarf with funky fluffy w00l which hides a multitude 0f sins :lol: :lol:

S0 h0w many cats d0 y0u have????

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:03 am

madcatlady wrote:Hi Annette :D

Wow, well done for taking maternity leave - my last childminder took two weeks off after having her 2nd child and it all caught up with her after a few months!
Knitting is a very addictive thing isn't it, I've been at it solidly since being pg with Edward and I start twitching if I have to put the needles away lol

What WIP do you have atm?

I needed to take maternity leave for me! Benjamin is my first (and only) child who took a VERY long time to conceive, so I needed time to adjust to being a mum, but also work out a short enough time to have my regular children return, so I am having 1 term off, oct half term to feb half term.

As it was I was in no fit state to be working as I was actually supposed to be working the day after my waters first went, the day Ben arrived and the day after. Then we were in hospital for 9 days. That hasn't stopped all the children coming round and me going round to their homes for them all to have cuddles.

At the end of Feb that's when the chaos starts - I have 7 perhaps 8 children starting back at different points in the week - hence maternity
leave :lol:

I'm guessing WIP is work in progress - I am knitting my first pair of longies in a cream, green, brown multi colour merino wool - need to get knitting as I haven't started the legs yet!

Previous

Return to Welcome Newcomers