hf1

Another newbie!

My avatar
jscobie
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Another newbie!

Postby jscobie » Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:56 pm

Actually technically speaking i'm not a newbie as i've been registered on here for awhile but not been visiting regularly so i thought i should now introduce myself! :D :D

I'm Jackie and SaHM to my two beautiful children Joshua, 23 months, and Faith, 8 months. I live in Kirriemuir in Scotland (Scotland - made famous by the author, J.M. Barrie) with husband, Nairn, and my dog (a stunning black pointer/boxer) called Misha. We also have a horse (a 19 year old, Welsh Cob) called Ellie and a fish that i've had for about a million years that has no name!! :oops:

I started using cloth nappies with Joshua when he was about 3 months old and started out with some 2nd hand bambino mios from ebay. we didn't get on brilliantly with these (though thankfully they didn't put us off!) so never got anywhere to using them full-time before i fell pregnant with faith. whilst i was pregnant (for one reason and another) we went back to using dispos :oops: but i bought a load of onelife nappies to use on the two of them after faith was born. again we didn't get on with these!! they were too small for josh by the time we started using them @ 17 months old! :evil: so i sold them on (have kept the initial prefolds though as i find they come in handy) and looked for some more versatile nappies. we now have a stash of around 70-80 nappies and a lot of wraps/boosters/inserts etc. :shock:

We use wool at nightime and mainly pockets during the day but also use fitteds with PUL or wool wraps of a daytime too. i have to admit though (don't shoot me!! :oops: ) that we still use dispos when we are out for the whole day (which is at least once a week) as i find the amount of stuff i have to take for the 2 of them a bit much sometimes. once josh is out of nappies in the daytime i will be ditching the dispos as i'll only need to carry nappies for one!

anyway, sorry this is a bit long-winded way of introducing myself (though i am not known for being short of words!!). look forward to getting to know you all over the coming months.

jackie x

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:57 pm

Helllooooo good to see you here hun!!! Just sent you a PM! :D
Hope you like it over here hun
Got my insert today, thankyou M'dear!! Did you get yours ok?

:D Chat soon

My avatar
kt24
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby kt24 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:01 pm

Hello!

I'm Katie mum to Lachlan 2 and Zachary 7 months. I know what you mean about the amount of stuff you need to take for two though. I have a massive suitcase of a change bag. :lol:

Looking forward to chatting to you more. :D

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:07 pm

Hello Jackie
Well I am very glad you weren't put off the whole cloth experience by using nappies that didn't fit your babies shape. It sounds like you have some collection of nappies, but then again, many of us have a good variety. Well I just have Kayleigh who is 14 months. Look forward to chatting.

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:59 pm

Hi jackie!

how are you???

jan x

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Site Supporter

Postby beck » Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:38 am

Hi Jackie

I'm Beck mum to Hannah 4 and Phebie 17months and William 2weeks and have just realised how much you need to carry around for two in cloth :lol: Look forward to getting to know you more

My avatar
jscobie
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby jscobie » Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:14 am

hats off to you girls who manage to get out and about with two in cloth - i am just a wimp i spose!! :( :D will be glad to ditch the sposies soon though as i hate the smell of the things and they give my little ones red bums!! now i just sound cruel! :oops:

anyway, nice to meet you all and here's to a good cloth 2008!!

x

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby babyroo » Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:42 am

Hi Jackie :D

Welcome to CNT, I'm sure you'll love it here! What a lot of nappies!!!!!

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:46 am

Hi Jackie and welcome to CNT. I am Annette, mum to Charlotte and a little boy due in May :D I am hoping not to have 2 in cloth but I don't think that is going to happen!

Look forward to speaking more with you soon.

Next

Return to Welcome Newcomers