Postby nic1 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:27 pm

Hiya and welcome. :D

My avatar
ruby
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby ruby » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:23 pm

Thanks for all your welcomes!
I think I was quite lucky with my first as MIL sent a packet of nappy nippas from Oz so I didn't have to struggle with pins - think I would have put quite a few holes in the baby! Plastic pants were yuck though and I'm glad there's nicer stuff around now.
My dp is originally from Perth, but the last couple of times we've been back we've only been to Sydney as 3 of his sisters live there.
kt24 - does your husband get homesick? My dp hates this time of year over here and can never get warm!

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:08 pm

Ruth - I hate this time of year. I speak to my sister on the phone and she tells me how warm it is and it makes it feel even colder.

My avatar
kt24
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby kt24 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:10 pm

ruby wrote:kt24 - does your husband get homesick? My dp hates this time of year over here and can never get warm!

He still does even though he's been in England for about 12 years. I wish that Australia wasn't so far away and so expensive to get to and that we could go more often. If you could only just pop there for the weekend in the car it would be perfect. :D North Queensland btw.

My avatar
ruby
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby ruby » Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:22 am

Rae - dp's sisters are the same - they phone and complain about being too hot!
kt - I have been once to Queensland. We did a big drive north from Sydney to Maroochydore to visit friends there. We went for a walk in the bush and I ended up with 2 leeches on my leg - happy memories!! I remember it was really humid - couldn't get the washing dry, but don't know if it is like that all the time?

My avatar
caeganol
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby caeganol » Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:25 am

Hello there,

Welcome to the forum.
I am sukhi and I have two cheeky monkeys.
One is 5yr old(will be on the 2nd feb) and the other one is 7months old.
I do have a desire for a girl but I don't think that is happening.
Hope to know you more.
XXXXX
S

Previous

Return to Welcome Newcomers