hf1

Saying hi

My avatar
clothpenguin
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby clothpenguin » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:45 pm

Welcome,

I am interested in what made things difficult for you the first time you tried cloth, do you mind me asking? Perhaps you have some trouble shooting tips, I am all ears as will be a novice...
:D

My avatar
kt24
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby kt24 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:19 pm

Hi Catherine.

I'm Katie. Mum to Lachlan 2 and Zacahary 8 months, who are both cloth bottomed. :D

My DH is a shift worker so I'm often on here during the evenings too.

Look forward to chatting with you. :D

My avatar
popsicle
Clothie
Clothie

Re: Saying hi

Postby popsicle » Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:54 pm

nic1 wrote:
popsicle wrote:
nic1 wrote:Hi Catherine and welcome. Hope you enjoy the site. Snap at working nights dh's, mine does too, hence me spending all night on here relatively uninterrupted apart from when he is home which is Fri-Sun. nights. :D What nights does your hubby work?

His nights off can be really eratic as he is a night manager for Tesco. Tends to have Saturday/Sunday or Sunday/Monday nights off. At least he seems to be getting 2 nights off together at the moment, it was 1 night here 1 night there for a while.

Catherine

Ahhhh that's better than erratic one night here and one night there definitely. How do you find it with him working nights?

Alot better than it was when he first started in September last year. Still don't like it sometimes. Will have to see what it is like in a few weeks when/if I go back to work.

clothpenguin wrote:I am interested in what made things difficult for you the first time you tried cloth, do you mind me asking? Perhaps you have some trouble shooting tips, I am all ears as will be a novice...

I typed out quite a long reply but I lost it all by pressing the wrong button. I am still getting used to typing on a laptop, I type too fast and end up all over the place.

It was a combination of things but alot of it was circumstance. Or at least I use that excuse, we were living with dh parent at the time in one room, I thought you had to wet pail and I used the excuse that I didn't always have access to the washing machine, I know now that this was a bit of an excuse, as they really are so easy to launder.

I also bought a bulk load of something that really didn't suit us. I bought them when I was pregnant with dd1 who was 8 in November, so I guess things have moved on since then. I was pregnant soon again and by the time we were in our own place with ds and had pnd I just couldn't face trying again.

At that point I didn't have internet access this time I read up alot. But lots of different nappies to see what we got on with. Lots preloved so we weren't spending loads on something I didn't get on with. Asked lots of questions. And they are all very pretty which is an incentive :oops: much nicer than the things I had that looked like cardboard with dd1.

Catherine
Last edited by popsicle on Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
clothpenguin
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby clothpenguin » Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:57 pm

Sounds like you were not in the optimal circumstances without even going into nappy design problems ,I didn't mean for you to be embarrassed that it didn't work out first time. Thanks for your reflections. I am hoping to make it work but clearly its not always easy. Glad its worked for you this time though :D

My avatar
caeganol
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby caeganol » Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:12 am

Hello and welcome.

I am sukhi, mum to 2 boys one is nearly 5 yr old and the other is 8 months old(the one who started the addiction).
LOL
xxxxxx

Previous

Return to Welcome Newcomers