New to site and new to cloth nappies

My avatar
mafford
Clothie
Clothie

New to site and new to cloth nappies

Postby mafford » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:55 pm

Hi,

I'm new to the site and new to cloth nappies. I've been looking for a few weeks now and thought I had settled on Little Lambs but now looking on here, I'm a bit overwhelmed with all the nappies available and feel like I'm back at square one. My son is just over 12 weeks old and weighs 12lbs 10oz.I don't know if he has slim hips/ small waist/ legs etc so I don't know what to get. I have one Little Lamb coming in the post to try out but even that seems to confusing as many people say that the size ones don't fit past four months- any advice welcomed!

Thanks.

Katie

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru
Site Supporter

Re: New to site and new to cloth nappies

Postby littlesez » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:05 pm

I really love little lambs. Bought ten size one cottons they were really great for the early days :D I would buy bamboo though over cotton. Cotton was great for few months but then bubs became a heavier wetter and needed something more absorbent. People say that bamboo takes ages to dry but for me I didnt see that much of a difference :-? I also used terry squares for the newborn days too.

Now I only use pockets in the day we have upsy daisy, weenotions and itti bitti. At night I use upsy daisy and weenotions night nappies.

I have spent a year experimenting with different nappies and have had lots of fun on the way, now I am really happy with my stash :twisted:

Welcome to the tree, have fun and its a really great place for asking advise :wink:

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:11 pm

:idea: Hi Katie and welcome to CNT!!

I love little lambs but I did find that they came up small and my son was out of the size 1's by 5 months and bamboo is deffinatly best!... Im sure you will get lots of advice around here...everyone is lovely!

Tory x

My avatar
mafford
Clothie
Clothie

Postby mafford » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:14 pm

Wow that was quick! Thanks for your comments. I had heard that the cotton ones go a bit hard so had planned on bamboo or microfibre and it's good to hear about your drying time experience - you are right, I have only read that they take days to dry! I might get one or two of the others you suggested then and build up a bank of nappies - it seems the thing to do.

Thanks again.

katie

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:17 pm

We are a chatty bunch! :wink: :giggle: yeah i dont find they take long to dry either, i hang mine next to the radiator and they dry overnight :) back up nappies are always good though!

My avatar
mafford
Clothie
Clothie

Postby mafford » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:18 pm

Thanks Tory. Two Little Lamb fans then, that has to be a good start!

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:20 pm

mafford wrote:Wow that was quick! Thanks for your comments. I had heard that the cotton ones go a bit hard so had planned on bamboo or microfibre and it's good to hear about your drying time experience - you are right, I have only read that they take days to dry! I might get one or two of the others you suggested then and build up a bank of nappies - it seems the thing to do.

Thanks again.

katie

My bamboo didnt take that long at all, I have had other bamboo nappies that took a long time though. My size ones lasted til 9 months old but bubs is skinny on the belly, she would still fit in them now except for the builders bum :giggle: she outgrew them on the rise. My cotton did go hard but if you tumble them for a bit it can fluf them up. I would personally not use microfibre as I know they wouldn't be absorbent enough for us.

Yes build up a few of each and then stick with your faves thats what we did, there were lots of nappies that i wasnt fond of but most will resell on here as every baby and mum are different. :wink:

My avatar
victoriaw
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby victoriaw » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:22 pm

:idea: welcome.
Definitely a good idea to try a few different ones out to see what suits your baby best.

My avatar
Emma1977
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Emma1977 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:39 pm

:idea: and welcome to the tree.

Afraid I can't offer any advice on little lambs as I didn't use cloth successfully on my ds until he was 10 months old. There are plenty of people on here with years of experience so you'll get the advice you need.

Look forward to chatting with you.

Next

Return to Welcome Newcomers