hf1

New to this site, but need help!

My avatar
dappernappies
Clothie
Clothie

New to this site, but need help!

Postby dappernappies » Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:20 pm

Been using cloth on my son, now nearly 4, since he was 6 weeks old (was going to from the start but had EMCS so, for one reason and another, couldn’t for a while) and been using cloth on my 5 month old daughter since the start. Am an advisor too, but I need some advice myself and I am desperate!

My son is about 32lb, nearly 4 years old and is leaking in all his night nappies – MEOS with two boosters, three wont fit in the wrap, Tots Bots size 2 with 2 boosters, and have even tried disposables. Still leak.

What can I do, nappy wise, I mean?

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: New to this site, but need help!

Postby Frances » Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:26 pm

:idea: Welcome to the Tree!

It sounds like your son is a very heavy wetter, and you really need to use a dedicated night nappy, ideally bamboo or hemp. MEOS and Tots Bots are day nappies, and are not that absorbent, in my opinion.

I'd suggest you try a Weenotions Night Notions (WNNN) - there are usually lots on here pre-loved. Use it with a wool or fleece cover, to allow some moisture to evaporate overnight, and hopefully you won't have any more leaks. You could also try to reduce the amount of liquids that your son drinks before bed, and sitting him on the potty or toilet immediately before bed, if you don't already.

Really hope you find a solution that works for you.

My avatar
clairelou88
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby clairelou88 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:30 pm

welcome :idea:

id reccomened a WNNN also they sre fab, and i like Holdens Landing bedbugs which i use for my heaver wetter, i boost those with zorboost aswell as the 2 obv inserts.

My avatar
dappernappies
Clothie
Clothie

Postby dappernappies » Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:41 pm

Thank you for that - where do I look for the preloved section?

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:44 pm

dappernappies wrote:Thank you for that - where do I look for the preloved section?

It's here: viewforum.php?f=56

My avatar
dappernappies
Clothie
Clothie

Postby dappernappies » Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:46 pm

Thank you

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:15 pm

:idea: welcome to cnt!!

I too would try a WNNN but be sure to try the newest version as the fit is so much better on those! :wink:

Tory x

My avatar
purplehearts
Clothie
Clothie

Postby purplehearts » Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:46 pm

Heya
I have a heavy wetter too, he pees right through disposables or any 'day type' nappy.
Since I've started using dedicated night nappies though I've had no problems or leaks which has been great, they honestly last longer than sposies.
One of my fav night nappies is a Minki Huggle - they're really reasonably price about 9 pounds new and 4-5 pounds in good second hand condition. They also have a large pocket for stuffing inserts, I use a bamboo terry square folded, or a small blueberry combo insert or sometimes a Greenkids hemp insert which makes for a bulky nappy but is super super absorbant.
Ella's House Bumhuggers have been good too - they are made of hemp, with a good pocket for stuffing and they have a fleece inner which keeps bums nice and dry. Again you can pick these up for around 5 pounds in good condition second hand.
Easy Peasy Bambeasys are good too when adequetly boosted - I like to use these with bamboo squares and a fleece wrap.
People rave about WeeNotions Night Notions - I haven't tried them yet but have one on the way! They are expensive if you get them with embroidery etc but if you choose a plain bamboo towelling one, you can get them for around 12.50 new or less if you buy second hand.
Holden's Landing and Upsy Daisy also do popular night nappies, but if cost is an issue, they are expensive particuarly the HLs.
A fleece or wool wrap will also help night nappies last longer as moisture evaporates.
If you need some more boosters for your night nappies, this ebay seller: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0459355612
has Tots Bots bamboo towels for 2 pounds each with free postage and packaging - it's the same material they use to make bamboozles. They're so cheap I've bought a load to cut up and stuff nappies with. If you get on with microfibre you could try microfibre cleaning cloths from Tesco (about a pound for a pack of 3)
Also babykind.co.uk often has cheap inserts and boosters in their bargain section.
Most people have to experiment to find a combination that works well for them at nights but I'm sure there's a night nappy out that will be perfect for your little one! And if you buy preloved and sell on, you have nothing to lose XX

My avatar
dappernappies
Clothie
Clothie

Postby dappernappies » Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:57 pm

Wow purplehearts, great post, thanks.

Oooh, forgot about Minki Huggle, had several when he was tiny, they were so cute. Will have to look into them again!

Ella's House Bumhuggers didn’t fit my super skinny boy at any point.

It’s the wrap I think I have to consider too – but who does xl wraps? My son is nearly 4!

And I must keep costs down or hubby will shoot me!

Next

Return to Welcome Newcomers