hf1

New to this site, but need help!

My avatar
2climbingboys
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: New to this site, but need help!

Postby 2climbingboys » Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:48 pm

Lots of the work at home mums will do XL or XXL on demand - we have had XLs (wraps and nappies) from UD and WN.

As I mentioned on your other thread Snugglebots and LLS are great for soakers as you can send your LOs measurements (over the night nappy) and have them custom made.

I also have XL ME wraps but don't use those overnight as I much prefer to use wool or fleece.

My avatar
dappernappies
Clothie
Clothie

Postby dappernappies » Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:33 am

Thanks so much for all the advice!

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:02 pm

Hi and welcome, looks like you have had some great advice :D

My avatar
victoriaw
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby victoriaw » Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:51 pm

:idea: I would definitely recommend woolies or fleece wrap, which can easily be made to order, or knitted/sewn yourself if you are that way inclined :wink: (loads of free patterns on the internet)

My avatar
Jamling
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Jamling » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:41 pm

You've had loads of great advice but just thought I'd add my tuppence worth.

My boy is a real heavy wetter at night and I've tried everything on him, literally everything :roll:

I stayed away from fleece wraps for ages because I just didn't believe they would work but now I use them on him every night, my fav is the Dancing Bears wrap as it has a very high rise and is soft round the legs and they are generously sized so fit over any night nappy easily. They do an XL and I get mine from NappyMania.

I found that as I have to boost his nappies a lot many of the dedicated night nappies just didn't fit properly so I now use Stuffie nappies, the size 3 is huge and can take loads of stuffing without compromising fit round the legs. I either use a WeeNotions bamboo night insert and a hemp bigger weed insert or what was called the Babeco (changed their name a while ago, can't remember what to atm) night booster and the hemp bigger weed then stick the Dancing bears soaker on and a pair of fleece longies on top and never had a leak since. The nappy is sopping wet in the morning but no leaks.

Another option would be to buy a really good booster, Weenotions used to do a bamboo one with 3 layers of bamboo or even one of their night inserts and use it to boost the outside of the nappies you already use. This would be bulky and wouldn't fit under a standard wrap but the dancing bears soaker would work fine I would think. Then you wouldn't have to buy a load of new nappies.

Anyway hope you find a solution, sorry for going on a bit, I don't post for ages then, write a book :giggle:

Nikki

My avatar
dappernappies
Clothie
Clothie

Postby dappernappies » Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:01 pm

Just want to say that, off his own back, my son has decided to wear just pants at night. We have had 4 dry nights, and, while I’m not saying we are there yet, he is pleased at his own success so fars!

Long may it continue!

My avatar
dappernappies
Clothie
Clothie

Postby dappernappies » Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:02 pm

And thank you all!

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:59 am

dappernappies wrote:Just want to say that, off his own back, my son has decided to wear just pants at night. We have had 4 dry nights, and, while I’m not saying we are there yet, he is pleased at his own success so fars!

Long may it continue!

:wine: Can you tell him to have a word with my son. :giggle:

Previous

Return to Welcome Newcomers